• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
if we havnt taken the midpoints of class interval how much marks will they deduct?
Frequency Polygon.............

Reaction score
if we havnt take the midpoints of class interval how much marks will they deduct?
Frequency Polygon.............
most of it. frequency polygon depends on it. Its like saying -4+2=2 how many marks would they deduct

Reaction score
Anyways .. those who have Accounts tomorrow should study accounts .. and those who don't have accounts should take some rest, before getting back to Maths ..

What I expect to come in P2 is ..

Vectors (FOR SURE! 12 Mark Question)
Mensuration (FOR SURE!)
Angle Properties Of A Circle (FOR SURE)
Loci (FOR SURE)
Speed-Time/Distance-Time Graphs (FOR SURE)
Transformation (Good Possibility)
Sets (Good Possibility)
Bearing (Good Possibility)
Cumulative Frequency Curve (Good Possibility)

Reaction score
most of it. frequency polygon depends on it. Its like saying -4+2=2 how many marks would they deduct

They would give 1 mark for that if it were a 2 mark question .. only the sign of - is missing. :p

btw you will get 1 mark for the frequency polygon...

Reaction score
What's this??
Source: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/announcement.php?s=258cc9a72101a311effad35293409d21&f=15&a=838

**UPDATE 19/05/2012**
In a change to previous policy, discussion restrictions are no longer in place for CIE exams. Cambridge International Examinations have confirmed that they are satisfied with the security of the arrangements for candidates for their exams, such that discussion can take place immediately after candidates have come out of any supervised period.

We would still ask, however, that posts here do not contain/link to scanned copies of/extracts from summer 2012 CIE exams - any such posts are liable to be removed and may be warned for. Please also remember that knowingly giving information to somebody who you know hasn't done their exam yet or actively soliciting leaks of information before you take an examination would still be malpractice and liable to be warned/removed from here and could lead to action from CIE.

CIE have provided us with a statement of policy, which we include here for everyone's reference - please take note of this:

CIE statement of policy
Students all over the world take Cambridge (CIE) exams. We have a number of regulations in place to make sure our exams are fair, accessible and that the content of our question papers is kept secure. Students taking Cambridge examinations are therefore free to discuss their exams once they are over and they have come out of any required supervision period.

When discussing your exams please remember that our regulations for candidates say: 'You must not become involved in any unfair or dishonest practice before, during or after the examination.' If you break our regulations you results may be withheld.

Reaction score
Anyways .. those who have Accounts tomorrow should study accounts .. and those who don't have accounts should take some rest, before getting back to Maths ..

What I expect to come in P2 is ..

Vectors (FOR SURE! 12 Mark Question)
Mensuration (FOR SURE!)
Angle Properties Of A Circle (FOR SURE)
Loci (FOR SURE)
Speed-Time/Distance-Time Graphs (FOR SURE)
Transformation (Good Possibility)
Sets (Good Possibility)
Bearing (Good Possibility)
Cumulative Frequency Curve (Good Possibility)
And yeah trignometry too !

Reaction score
syed1995 i closed my polygon from the bottom will i lose marks?It touched the x axis i mean... perpendicularly. the midpoint think scale and rest was fine. I m worried:(

Reaction score
we all did the polygon qs.. was it necessary to close and start the graph by touching it to the x-axis and take class width for plotting the graph... like the mid-value!! plz tell :D

Reaction score
we all did the polygon qs.. was it necessary to close and start the graph by touching it to the x-axis and take class width for plotting the graph... like the mid-value!! plz tell :D
well i didnt close the graph by touching it to axs but yeah it is imp to take mid values to draw the graph