• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
any idea how to learn them without ratta
You have to learn at least two for each type of transformation, then you can easily guess others, for example in reflection, the matrix of y=-x is the negative of the matrix of y=x; since its the only thing that is to be actually 'rattafyed' without much practice, I think you should do them. Just learn them one day before the exam.

Reaction score
any idea how to learn them without ratta

Yes!

There's a method to it. The logic behind the formation of the transformation matrice. That's how I did it in my O Level days.
PM me your email address if you need it and I'll email you the pdf. :)

Reaction score
In O level maths June 2012 paper 12 there is a question asking a shape having 1 line of symmetry but no rotational symmetry ! -_-
As far as I know, there is no such shape with no rotational symmetry order.
Please guide !

Reaction score
guys, is there a convenient and effective method of getting hold of transformation matrices??
If learning is difficult for you, just simply derive them.
Draw a graph and mark (1,0) on x-axis.
Then mark (0,1) on y-axis.
If, for example, you want a matrix transformation for reflection in x-axis, so (1,0) remains same as it is already on the x-axis and (0,1) becomes (0,-1) after reflection.
So the matrix transformation becoms [1/0 0/-1].
I wonder if you can understand like this but that's all I could explain here.
Solve past papers/

Reaction score
Re: O'level Maths, Addmaths and Statistics help available he

The wording is confusing, it says that the candidates forgot the factor of 2 and used a denominator of 150*150 in place of 150*149 which was wrong, they have told two mistakes and not two forgetfulnesses. Apt here says that the candidate were inclined to 150*150 instead if 149*150. And the question is not in the marking scheme. And who says that marking scheme answers cannot be wrong? We have found answers on this website and proved that they were wrong. It is a miss print in this ER.
Refer to MS...

Reaction score
In O level maths June 2012 paper 12 there is a question asking a shape having 1 line of symmetry but no rotational symmetry ! -_-
As far as I know, there is no such shape with no rotational symmetry order.
Please guide !

That's the very effing question I lost my only mark on and missed out on the distinction :mad:

The answer to that is Trapezium/Kite. If you don't get why, do let me know.

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to easily solve number patterns? that is the major thing in maths that i dont get. Im solving their questions but its still difficult to derive the nth term

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to easily solve number patterns? that is the major thing in maths that i dont get. Im solving their questions but its still difficult to derive the nth term

O Levels or A Levels?
EDIT: Just read the title so O Levels only. Removed the infinity term formulae.

A+(n-1)d

A= First Term
n= Nth term
d= Common difference.

This is only true for Arithmetic Progressions.

I don't think Geometric Progressions were a part of O Level Math. I'll check and get back to you on that.

Nonetheless, for G.P
A(1-R^n)/(1-r)

A= First term
R= Ratio b/w them
N= Nth term/Number of terms.

Reaction score
I want someone to explain me rotational symmetry and other things related to symmetry. Thanks in Advance.

Reaction score
That's the very effing question I lost my only mark on and missed out on the distinction :mad:

The answer to that is Trapezium/Kite. If you don't get why, do let me know.
How ?
Kite can shape itself twice in 360 degrees !