• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Keep 4SF through out and round of only at the very end when giving the answer (to whatever he requires, 3sf or 3dp)
do ur working with 4 significant figures. and write ur ans with 3 sig fig. otherwise ur answer would be rejected
how do i do it???????? :cry: do u guys also write down every value in each step on the paper, writing it into 4 sig figures and then putting the 4 sig figures in the next step?? wont it deprive me of time? or do u guys carry on wit what the calculator displays?? :cry:

Reaction score
i
how do i do it???????? :cry: do u guys also write down every value in each step on the paper, writing it into 4 sig figures and then putting the 4 sig figures in the next step?? wont it deprive me of time? or do u guys carry on wit what the calculator displays?? :cry:
it is better to follow this rule for examiner reports lay stress on this point and many good students have lost marks due to this. as for me i follow this rule and still have plenty of time to revise

Reaction score

There's ample of time in O Level Math.
I did my entire paper with pencil first, rechecked, wrote it in pen and erased.

I used to write the important steps only and do a two-three steps in one (ofcourse, without omitting the necessary stuff, if for example, I need the nature of the stationary point, I can't skip dy/dx going sraight into d^2y/dx^2

And no. Don't carry on with what the calc displays. Round it off to 4sf and carry on with that.

Reaction score
a tank can be filled by two pipes in one hour and 20 minutes.if the two pipes are to fill the tank individually the smaller pipe will take two more hours more than the bigger piper to do so.find the time each pipe will take to fill the tank differently??? plzz solve n help?!

here u go . asnwers are in minutes

Attachments

• new.png
    new.png
    124.3 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
first, divide the square into quadrants, find area o quadrant 19.63. then divide the top right hand side oval shape into two. in this way quadrant would become a triangle and a half oval. then calculate area of triangle 12.5. subtract the area of tri from quad to get area of half oval. 7.13. then find area of semi circle. 39.27.ssubtract the area of one oval from it to get ans. 39.27-2(7.13) = 25

Reaction score
You're histogram is confusing, it doesn't have proper frequency density, what class width did you take? :confused:
The last bit in the histogram 60-70 is extended to 75, correct that too.
The cumulative curve is fine.

Reaction score
You're histogram is confusing, it doesn't have proper frequency density, what class width did you take? :confused:
The last bit in the histogram 60-70 is extended to 75, correct that too.
The cumulative curve is fine.

what do u mean by 'i took'? the class width for 35-40 wont be 5 or we can change it?
how is it confusing?
:cry:

Reaction score
what do u mean by 'i took'? the class width for 35-40 wont be 5 or we can change it?
how is it confusing?
:cry:

Just use the class widths that are given. You've divided them incorrectly. Using this you're frequency densities should be:
35-40 : 3
40-45 : 4
45-50 : 6
50-55 : 7
55-60 : 5.6
60-70 : 1.2
The last 4 are correct, just make the correction to the size of the last block and to the first two frequency densities, you're graph will be perfect then.