• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Yes. Always look for the from. You know how bad-*** these CIE peepalz can be sometimes. ;)
Yeah, revise circle theorems, probability, rates & ratios, loci and transformations. These are, what I believe, to be the most important P1 topics.

Ok.. Please help me in probability

See they ask us that 2 balls are chosen at random without replacement and give us a chart to fill so how do we find the value of the incomplete blanks?

and yes.. i am on to Transformation.

Reaction score
Ok.. Please help me in probability

See they ask us that 2 balls are chosen at random without replacement and give us a chart to fill so how do we find the value of the incomplete blanks?

and yes.. i am on to Transformation.

If the two balls are of different colors then the probability of choosing one of the colors is 1/2; if you're asked to choose again from the same bag (with the two balls), the choice is again 1/2. It's not of 2 balls waise, it's usually of dices with 6 (or four) faces.

Reaction score
It was a little tougher but not that hard. In fact, all the latest papers (of this century :p) are easy. Unlike the 90's.
I did the 2005 paper just earlier, found it pretty easy except a certain AE vector part that I got wrong.

I suck at congruency and similarities.
Wish Circular theorem comes

Reaction score
I suck at congruency and similarities.
Wish Circular theorem comes

Everything comes. The 25 questions (mostly) are almost always from different topics so there is little chance that anything is left out (except pure trigonometry and coordinate geometry of course). So, be ready for everything. THE BEST WAY to learn the congruency and similarities at this time is to read mark schemes and look at the REASONS provided for the answer, just learn them and use them to prove your triangles.

Reaction score
Everything comes. The 25 questions (mostly) are almost always from different topics so there is little chance that anything is left out (except pure trigonometry and coordinate geometry of course). So, be ready for everything. THE BEST WAY to learn the congruency and similarities at this time is to read mark schemes and look at the REASONS provided for the answer, just learn them and use them to prove your triangles.

Help me in this question... It is loci
They say that 1 cm represent 10m

so part a ask.. Express the scale in the form 1:n

Reaction score
You always express both the quantities in the same unit for 1:n ratio, so,
10 m = 1000 cm
Therefore,
1 cm : 10 m = 1 : 1000.
Thanks.. :)

Now if they say " Nearer to A than C" and they said draw this.. So Hum iss mai Perpendicular bisector banataay hai or what?

Reaction score
Thanks.. :)

Now if they say " Nearer to A than C" and they said draw this.. So Hum iss mai Perpendicular bisector banataay hai or what?

Loci;
Equidistant from ONE line = Parallel line to that line.
Equidistant from ONE point = Circle.
Equidistant from TWO points = Perpendicular Bisector.
Equidistant from TWO lines (with common vertice) = Angle Bisector.
These are the four most common and widely asked loci.

Reaction score
Loci;
Equidistant from ONE line = Parallel line to that line.
Equidistant from ONE point = Circle.
Equidistant from TWO points = Perpendicular Bisector.
Equidistant from TWO lines (with common vertice) = Angle Bisector.
These are the four most common and widely asked loci.
ok.. so this will be a perpendicular bisector but what should I take in length

and they say equidistant from AB to AC so this means an Angel bisector and A is the common point