• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
It is to find the nature of the turning point. Maximum or minimum.
Then what do we use to find the value of the turning point? What if u can't use dy/dx = 0 for it? I mean what if u don't get an answer for it...u add and subtract .1 or something na? Could u explain that to me

Reaction score
Then what do we use to find the value of the turning point? What if u can't use dy/dx = 0 for it? I mean what if u don't get an answer for it...u add and subtract .1 or something na? Could u explain that to me

No, for a given equation, you calculate dy/dx, let dy/dx = 0, calculate x, put the value of x in the equation to find y and get your coordinates for the turning point.

Reaction score
No, for a given equation, you calculate dy/dx, let dy/dx = 0, calculate x, put the value of x in the equation to find y and get your coordinates for the turning point.
Yeah I know that. Ok ok you add/ subtract o.1 to find the nature of the turning point when u can't find the value of x for d2y/dx2.. Sorry I got confused :p

Reaction score
thats why i have messages from bagladeshes asking paper xD
Haha so do I :p and yes that could happen..like if u can't differentiate further or if your x value turns out to be zero or something. In that case add and subtract .1... @saadmughal what do we subtract it from? :p

Reaction score
Hey that total of fence I calculated came to be 832 and further upin decimal to two places but I guess answer was more than 1000 as we had to find 220 percent while I guess I found 120 percent using ratio method as I wrote 100 percent in 378 so how much will be in 220 but will my all marks be gone,I am worried and that was in locus question we had to use Pythagoras theorem,I used it,some measured it,and I forgot to write answer to AF but wrote 7 cm in working I guess