• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Hey can anyone out there help me with transformation i don't a single word of transformation.

Reaction score
question is that reflect (3,4) firstly on x-axis then on line y=4. plz answer this

cmon dont fret its easy :D :D
for the ques, reflecting in a particular line means that line is ur mirror and like any light question of physics u always shud remember this that image distance from the mirror = object distance from mirror so here if we first reflect it in x axis we will get same x coordinate 3 and 4 will go to -4 so coordinates now are (3,-4) now we go to line y=4 now u see that reflecting in any y line the x coordinate remains same always this is also true for a y coordinate in reflection in any x line like x=4 !
so coming back to ques now 3,-4 goes to (3,12) ! plot the point on a normal sketch and u shud get the hang of this !

Reaction score
Though I'm a bio student on the advice of a seniori took add maths. I'm real weak in it mainly because of not getting the concepts. Please prescribe me some thing useful helping me to get tthe concepts better. Anything like key points.

Reaction score
Though I'm a bio student on the advice of a seniori took add maths. I'm real weak in it mainly because of not getting the concepts. Please prescribe me some thing useful helping me to get tthe concepts better. Anything like key points.

Well, I'm not aware of any books that explain every topic clearly so it depends on you're teacher, I think. Just listen to what your teacher is explaining, and ask every single thing which you don't understand. Also, practice topical past papers while doing chapters, etc. Do this right now because delaying it will just make things worse.

Reaction score

New Additional Mathematics by Ho Soo Thong and Khor Nyak Hiong.

Use this book. It's the best there is. And yeah Add Maths is the most frightening subject in O level. But once you get what your doing it becomes more fun then it's worth.