• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
I think it was frequency. Since everybody or most of us did that frequency density thing so I just don't want everybody to turn against me. :p
The thing is I checked past papers that redspot thing, I know that's not very reliable but still. One more thing almost in every paper where they ask about f.d they do make atleast two bars already. This is not something hard and fast but this is something I've noticed.
That 2 bars thing is wrong.Look in the ms and er of mj21 paper,no bars given but still we had to make histogram with f.d due to VARYING CLASS WIDTHS

Reaction score
Reaction score
I think it was frequency. Since everybody or most of us did that frequency density thing so I just don't want everybody to turn against me. :p
The thing is I checked past papers that redspot thing, I know that's not very reliable but still. One more thing almost in every paper where they ask about f.d they do make atleast two bars already. This is not something hard and fast but this is something I've noticed.
It depends on the class widths given , if they are unequal you just have to make histogram on frequency density otherwise you can make it on frequencies given. In the paper the class widths were unequal, so frequency density had to be used.