• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Seriously i had nothing todo with it ...i know it was difficult...i had attempted it agin and again but couldnt solve it..i jst followed spideys method and did it and awarded a watercooler :p
I didnt say anything to u tht y arent u able to solve it .i would never say this to anyone :/
And i never said aap ne koi guna kia hai :p relax and enjoy :D

asd

Reaction score
Eight people go to a theatre and sit in a particular group of eight adjacent seats. Three of the eight belong to one family and sit together. If the other five don't mind where they sit, except that the 2 of them refuse to sit together, find the number of possible seating arrangements for all eight people.

ANSWER NEEDED FAST.

asd

Reaction score
Salim, he travels at a constant speed of 15, which means the gradient of the line of the distance-time graph for salim should be 15 (15 km in 1 hour).
Draw the line and see who reaches the shopping centre first ( shopping centre is at 18 km).
Now mark the point where you have drawn the salim's line at 18 km and from this point find the time taken to the point at which ravi reached the shopping centre.

Reaction score
4.Probability Question if anyone has Classified Mathematics it is Question 4 from topic 9
A ball is dropped at random into one of the eight holes, numbered as shown in the diagram. The number under each hole gives the score obtained when the ball drops into a hole.
(there are four holes numbered 1, three holes numbered 2 and one hole numbered 3)
and the probability of scoring 1 is 4/8 and so on.

b) If the ball is dropped twice,find the probability of scoring a total of 4

Reaction score
4.Probability Question if anyone has Classified Mathematics it is Question 4 from topic 9
A ball is dropped at random into one of the eight holes, numbered as shown in the diagram. The number under each hole gives the score obtained when the ball drops into a hole.
(there are four holes numbered 1, three holes numbered 2 and one hole numbered 3)
and the probability of scoring 1 is 4/8 and so on.

b) If the ball is dropped twice,find the probability of scoring a total of 4
I got the answer 13/64 but the answer at the back of the book is 17/64
:/