• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Can we use fx-911ES for add maths...I'm used to it :( I heard people say u cant

actually they dont usually check for the calculator models and pupils have been known to take these calculators. The invigilators at most just erase your programming if it is a programmable calculator.

After all, more than 50% of the pupils have the most recent calculator. They cant take away everyone's calculator, can they?

Reaction score
actually they dont usually check for the calculator models and pupils have been known to take these calculators. The invigilators at most just erase your programming if it is a programmable calculator.

After all, more than 50% of the pupils have the most recent calculator. They cant take away everyone's calculator, can they?

LOL YEAH also if u look at M/J 11 er of some paper 1 there u will see CIE say themselves that with technology increasing and ............... therefore candidates should show more working to get the marks so indirectly they themselves allow it :p

Reaction score
LOL YEAH also if u look at M/J 11 er of some paper 1 there u will see CIE say themselves that with technology increasing and ............... therefore candidates should show more working to get the marks so indirectly they themselves allow it :p

exactly! they now give method marks also, and usually only 1 or 2 marks are for correct answer at end!

Reaction score
Reaction score
i need help in add maths. can anyone help me in the question 11 b part of this paper? it's about permutations
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Mathematics - Additional (4037)/4037_w05_qp_2.pdf

for b, look into it this way:
if for first number we take 4 or 2, the last number could be any one of only 2 of either , 0,2,4(one of these is already used in the beginning). the numbers in middle will be arranged as 3!(factorial). so your first possibility becomes : 2C1 * 3! * 2C1
If we take first number 3 or 1, the last number could be any one of either , 0,2,4. the numbers in middle will be arranged as 3!(factorial). so your first possibility becomes : 2C1 * 3! * 3C1

add these two to get the answer
the answer will be 60!

Reaction score
for b, look into it this way:
if for first number we take 4 or 2, the last number could be any one of only 2 of either , 0,2,4(one of these is already used in the beginning). the numbers in middle will be arranged as 3!(factorial). so your first possibility becomes : 2C1 * 3! * 2C1
If we take first number 3 or 1, the last number could be any one of either , 0,2,4. the numbers in middle will be arranged as 3!(factorial). so your first possibility becomes : 2C1 * 3! * 3C1

add these two to get the answer
the answer will be 60!
yep! Got it.. thanks :)

Reaction score
my guesss
8 b(iii)
would be the 20th term as you can see from the other terms which they have given so its pretty simple try solving it and then letme know and then il solve it

c (ii) let me think..:D

You will have to take the long route in place of n in the general equation write the term given and u will see its equal so show that its quite tiresome ill tell u that :D :D :p