• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Hello
this is a question from 4024_22_may-june_2018.
Question no 8. im having problem with part b
How to solve it?

Attachments

• Screenshot (123).png
    Screenshot (123).png
    54.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot (124).png
    Screenshot (124).png
    25.2 KB · Views: 15
Reaction score
Hey can anyone give me suggestion for preparing for math and notes. As ,I have just hardly 2 months left in my exams and I am really bad in it.....

Reaction score
Hey can anyone give me suggestion for preparing for math and notes. As ,I have just hardly 2 months left in my exams and I am really bad in it.....

Hi! I'd suggest not to worry too much about your exams. Two months is plenty of time to get a good grasp over O level Mathematics (I say this from experience). What is your current strategy? What are your weak areas? What sort of grades have you gotten in school exams? Your responses to these questions will help you in laying out a solid preparation plan. How many subjects' exams will you take in this session?

I'd also suggest to focus more on past papers than notes at this time (of course, this also depends on how good you are at math). Let me know if I can be of any help! :)

P.S. Take a deep breath, lay out a plan and stick to it. It'll help you be more confident when you are taking your exams.

Reaction score
Hi! I'd suggest not to worry too much about your exams. Two months is plenty of time to get a good grasp over O level Mathematics (I say this from experience). What is your current strategy? What are your weak areas? What sort of grades have you gotten in school exams? Your responses to these questions will help you in laying out a solid preparation plan. How many subjects' exams will you take in this session?

I'd also suggest to focus more on past papers than notes at this time (of course, this also depends on how good you are at math). Let me know if I can be of any help! :)

P.S. Take a deep breath, lay out a plan and stick to it. It'll help you be more confident when you are taking your exams.
The grade I get in school mostly is C and I am really looking forward for an A .I am gonna appear in five subject this year and I can't set up a plan for each of them.please help me

Reaction score

MN = 2x

P is the midpoint of AB which means that the triangles OQM and OQN are equal. They are both isosceles triangles, where two angles are 45 degrees. So, the side OQ is equal to QN and QM.

MN=QN+QM=x+x=2x

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
how is answer obtained when all figures are not given

This should be straightforward. Here is your shape with corners labelled:

upload_2019-4-12_14-1-20.png

We know the length AF, FE and GH.

Perimeter of the shape = AB + BC + CD + DE + EF + FG + GH +HI +IJ + JA

We know values of EF, AF and GH.
Using these we can calculate the rest (we don't really need to calculate all of them).

We can deduce the following from shape given all angles are right angles:
AB + CD = EF (1)
BC + DE = AF (2)
AJ + IH + GF = AF (3)
GH = IJ (4)

We can rearrange the perimeter equation as follows:
P = (AB + CD) + (BC + DE) + EF + (FG + HI + JA) + GH + IJ

Substituting our 4 equations in P, we get
P = 2(EF) + 2 (AF) + 2(GH)

Substituting values of EF, AF and GH from equation, we get
P = 2(4) + 2(6) + 2(1)
P = 22 cm

Hope this answers your question. :)

Reaction score
Hi,I went private after I studied till just mid term of Class Nine.....And then in just 8 months,I appeared for pak.stud,isl,eng in oct/nov 2018......After that I focused on phy,math...but I wasn't able to appear for them in the june session of 2019....Now I want to appear for math,addmath in oct/nov 2019...I have already gone through maths...but I just wanted to know that studying add maths in three months is okay or is it really very tough....My maths teacher is one of the best in karachi...and my understanding with him is also very good....And please keep in mind that till oct/nov 2019 I can solely focus on add math and maths....Please reply accordingly,thanks for your precious time and please drop an sound opinion...

Reaction score
Hi,I went private after I studied till just mid term of Class Nine.....And then in just 8 months,I appeared for pak.stud,isl,eng in oct/nov 2018......After that I focused on phy,math...but I wasn't able to appear for them in the june session of 2019....Now I want to appear for math,addmath in oct/nov 2019...I have already gone through maths...but I just wanted to know that studying add maths in three months is okay or is it really very tough....My maths teacher is one of the best in karachi...and my understanding with him is also very good....And please keep in mind that till oct/nov 2019 I can solely focus on add math and maths....Please reply accordingly,thanks for your precious time and please drop an sound opinion...
If you are very good in maths and have gone through it already then doing add maths in this time won't be too difficult

Reaction score
"Tony had 200 one cm cubes. He forms a Cuboid with all the cubes. The perimeter of the top of the Cuboid is 18cm. Each side of the Cuboid has a length greater than 1cm. Find the height of the Cuboid."

I need help in this question