• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
well transformation matrix is easy...
first we'll look at the identity matrix....it is 10
we'll make this matrix 2 coordinates...one on the x axis and other on y axis..... like (1,0) and (0,1)
reflection on the x axis= 1 0 reflection on y axis = -1 0 reflection y=x = 0 1 reflection y=-x = 0 -1
0 -1 0 1 1 0 -1 0

this will be done for rotation as well

for stretch learn by that stretch makes you "look kool"

"look" is matrix for x axis and "kool" is for y axis...... here "L" is 1 and "K" is the stretch factor...... I'm not so sure about shear... hope it helps :)
thanks, but i really didn't understand :[ if i could have some sort of visual material to look at it'd be really helpful.

Reaction score
Relative velocity is that chapter which you can't study by yourself. Besides, if you don't get the concept from that Add math book, then other notes would be useless, most likely.
MY advice: leave relative velocity, practise other chapters instead.
hahahahahaha....and what if it comes...I am quite good at the rest...well thanks for the help...I think I'll have to ask my teacher :D

Reaction score
I have problem in the last chapter that is relative velocity... its so damn confusing!!! especially interception questions!

Reaction score
hahahahahaha....and what if it comes...I am quite good at the rest...well thanks for the help...I think I'll have to ask my teacher :D
I have problem in the last chapter that is relative velocity... its so damn confusing!!! especially interception questions!

well the best this thread can do is help you at yuor questions...suggestion..go solve pps..and if any prob is there..share it here..:D

Reaction score
in RV...u must master vectors first.... then remember this basic formula
Va = Va/b + Vb
by this make the unknown side the subject and add the vectors by tip to tail method....once ur diagram is drawn rest is easy....
important quatations
velocity of plane in still air = velocity of plane relative to wind
velocity of boat in still water = velocity of boat relative to river
course set by pilot/boat = bearing of relative velocity

good tips...worth it...:D

Reaction score
for solving quadratic equations

aX^2 + bX + c = 0

use the quadratic formula:
b +/- (b^2 - 4ac)^1/2
2a

Reaction score
for solving quadratic equations

aX^2 + bX + c = 0

use the quadratic formula:
b +/- (b^2 - 4ac)^1/2
2a
I know how to solve quadratic equations ! I have never had problem in this ..i even got the answer to x but cant make the equation and reduce it to x^2 +34x-225=0

Reaction score
well....which calculator u got u gotta check it first.... calculator with graphic display and symbolic integrations are not allowed...ur the lucky one if the invigilator doesn't take it :p

asd

Reaction score
well....which calculator u got u gotta check it first.... calculator with graphic display and symbolic integrations are not allowed...ur the lucky one if the invigilator doesn't take it :p
And 'symbolic' and 'numerical' integration and differentiation are different... :p

Reaction score
Reaction score
I know how to solve quadratic equations ! I have never had problem in this ..i even got the answer to x but cant make the equation and reduce it to x^2 +34x-225=0
well
length will be:
(27+3x)m
width will be
(25+ x)m
so what question says is
area of large lawn = 2x area of small lawn
(27+3x)(25+x) = 2(27 x 25)
675 + 27x + 75x + 3x^2 = 1350
3x^2 + 102x - 675 = 0
now divide both sides by 3
(3x^2 + 102x + 675)/3 = 0/3