• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Re: O'level Maths, Addmaths and Statistics help available he

why we all r after him...he can do that..and its also a good step..but what we get free answers here at forum is beyond praise!!

Reaction score

i have a question

x^2 -4y^2=37

it is very hard.

Reaction score

What do you want to with this equation, hadsi? Can you please quote the whole question. Do we have to fine the differential or what? :S

Reaction score

i have a question:
in probability we have a trick that when it comes "OR", add them and when it comes "AND" multiply them...but question is this what is the reason for above??
I mean a question said describe the reason adding the above two probabilites (which contained "OR" in it!)
So what is the reason??

Reaction score

The following link will help you in understanding probability better: http://people.richland.edu/james/lectur ... 5-rul.html

OR and AND in probability are related to Mutually exclusive and independent events. Mutually exclusive events are events that cannot occur at the same time, i.e. there is no intersection if you draw a set diagram. Examples: Dice or a coin.
Whereas, independent events do not depend on each other and can occur at the same time. The AND basically refers to the intersection between the two events.
You should draw a set diagram and analyse it while looking at the link given above.

Reaction score

hamidali391 said:
What do you want to with this equation, hadsi? Can you please quote the whole question. Do we have to fine the differential or what? :S

x^2 -4y^2=37
this question is from the factorisation chapter in classified mathematics.we have to find the values of x and y.i know the answer but dont know the method.

Reaction score

i m a priate candidate so can anyone plz give me a guess paper of maths?
i have mo teacher just studied on by my own and now paper is only 2 weeks ahead.
i have completed all pastpapers since 1996 and also plz tell how much ihave to do more?

Reaction score

if u solved all of them without much difficulty thn ur fine othr wise focus on those topics in which ur weak..

Reaction score

Past papers are enough for your preparation. Make sure you can solve each and every question form 2002 till 2010. If you have any problem, feel free to ask us on this forum, we'll try to help you.
You shouldn't rely on a guess paper. It doesn't really matter if your preparation is good enough.

Reaction score

hadsi said:
i have a question

x^2 -4y^2=37

it is very hard.
AoA, hadsi! :)
Actually, it's not that hard. Look at the question as a whole.
(a) The prime factors between 30 and 40 are 31 and 37 (this shows you 37 is a prime number for the later part).
(b) The result of the factorisation here is (x + 2y) (x - 2y).
(c) Now this part is what I'd like to call the KEY to the next part. The question itself tells you (if you infer it correctly) that the positive integers that would multiply to give a prime number are 1 and the prime number itself (in this case 37). As for this part, the smallest integer would be 1.
(d) x^2 - 4y^2 = 37
=> (x + 2y) (x - 2y) = 37
Since 37 is a prime number, the larger multiple (x + 2y) is 37 while the smaller multiple (x - 2y) is 1. Bingo!
Solve the simultaneous equations: x + 2y = 37 and x - 2y = 1. I'm sure you can easily do that. You'll get x = 19 and y = 9.
Hope you understand. :)

Reaction score

is the relative velocity topic of addmath neccesary?

Reaction score

tarukh0029 said:
Yes, it is. I can provide you with links of lectures for effective revision of relative velocity that helped me a lot. Shall I?

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score

What are you waiting for?

Reaction score

abcde said:
tarukh0029 said:
Yes, it is. I can provide you with links of lectures for effective revision of relative velocity that helped me a lot. Shall I?

Yes! =@ =@ =@ =@

Reaction score

I. Hate. That. Chapter.
@abcde. I gave you your 100th thank. :p
Thank you, they were very helpful. :)

Reaction score

Haha. I used to hate it, too. In fact my teacher refused to teach me this chapter but after these lectures, It didn't seem that hard at all. You'll enjoy it. Good luck! and yes,you're welcome! :)