• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths AS Oct /NOv session

Reaction score
Anybody giving it this session? ?
and where can i find the model answers for the june 2010 As maths??

Reaction score
And if we want to integrate an inverted curve.. like the one in variant 12 Question number 9??
Does the area we find - is under the curve or upper??

Please guys ... i really need help.. My school is teacher-less!!

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
All 'May/June 2010' resources are available in download section.
If you are confused with the file codes, please see http://www.xtremepapers.net/guide.html

Integrating curve gives area with respect to X axis.
It doesn't matter whether the curve is inverted or not; all that will matter is where the X-axis is!

Reaction score
in this ques...when u integrate the curve...it gives area under curve coz u integrate curve with respect to x-axis...its gives the complete area includiing shaded as well as unshaded region...once u find this area by applying limits...subtract this answer frm the area of trapezium formed by the straight line..

Reaction score
Islu_jf said:
k can we integrate a line??
yes u can integrate a line it is more easier but in some quests u have to calclulate the area in form of trapizium or rectangle.like in june o9 ,as there is more than one line :) :) :)

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Trapezium is quick but it won't give a better answer.
It depends on the accuracy required.
If the question says exact, integrate for max accuracy.
If it says estimate, trapezium will do!

Reaction score
Both answers would be same if done correctly because ultimately you are doing the same thing.