• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths C2 discussion!! :)

How did you do

• Total voters
Reaction score
some of my answers
area garden - 262.5
perimeter - 80.2
area graph - 148/3
minimum point - 4,-28
a^5/8

oh no ! the minimum point did a stupid mistake in last steps of algebra got 1/4 :( thus y is wrong

Reaction score
stationary point is 4 (because x^(3/2) = 8 so x=4 )
area of graph is 128/3 +20/3( because area of second integral can never be negative)
equation of trigonometry solved by completing square but i do not remember answer then 360 - ans
garden qustion : there was someting of 252.5 or something like that )
tan i got something of 93.3 but dont remember if there was another value
perimeter was arc length + 23 +12 + the other side found by cosine rule

Reaction score
area of graph is 128/3 +20/3( because area of second integral can never be negative)
equation of trigonometry solved by completing square but i do not remember answer then 360 - ans

and also x=-4!!

Reaction score

yup except i made a mistake in stationary point wrote x^-3/2 not 3/2 dunno y hhaha so i got y wrong also :( how many marks for that question?

Reaction score
how many angles were in cosine did anyone get 2 angles 36 and 324
who here solved equation by completing square ?

Reaction score
Guys, it would be better if you didn't discuss this exam until midnight GMT/UTC because the majority of countries in the world could have access to this paper (because it's Edexcel), so they could see the answers and thus the grade boundaries will be higher...

Reaction score
yup except i made a mistake in stationary point wrote x^-3/2 not 3/2 dunno y hhaha so i got y wrong also :( how many marks for that question?
question had about 13 marks not sure though but if u differentiated correctly and equated the gradient to 0 u will definetly get marks and remember we have the error carried forward by our side so never worry ;)

Reaction score
question had about 13 marks not sure though but if u differentiated correctly and equated the gradient to 0 u will definetly get marks and remember we have the error carried forward by our side so never worry ;)

not 13 marks lol it was 4 or 5 for this part