• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths D 22

How did your paper go?

• bad, difficult to score an A*

Votes: 17 20.0%
  • Vey good

Votes: 40 47.1%
  • Just okay

Votes: 28 32.9%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Oh thank goodness. Phew. I was fretting over the fact that somehow my paper had a missing part. :confused:

No.CHILL!
The first thing I did was check the last page.

BTW,if I make a mistake in calculation but my method and all is perfect,will I be awarded full marks?
Secondly,the radius was 22,right?

Reaction score
No.CHILL!
The first thing I did was check the last page.

BTW,if I make a mistake in calculation but my method and all is perfect,will I be awarded full marks?
Secondly,the radius was 22,right?

Yes. 22.0 cm
No, not full marks, for a typical 2 mark question, 1 mark is for answer, 1 mark is for method.

Reaction score
I took variables for AF = x and the smaller triangle height = y,
Then used 138 = Area of Rectangle + Area of Triangle1 + Area of Triangle 2.
The variables y cancelled out (obviously) and I got x=7 cm.
Yeah I tried doing that at first too. Didn't read the consequent parts of the question. So I was left with 3 unknowns, af, height if small triangle and height of big triangle :/

Reaction score
If I lose maxiumum 10 marks in P1 and 20 marks in P2 thats a total of 150/180=83.33%.
Do I still have chances for an A or the percentile would go higher and make it difficult for me?

Reaction score
If I lose maxiumum 10 marks in P1 and 20 marks in P2 thats a total of 150/180=83.33%.
Do I still have chances for an A or the percentile would go higher and make it difficult for me?

I don't think the percentile will go any higher.For some,paper went awesome but at the same time there were many cringing afterwards so I guess the percentile will remain low and you have a good chance at A

Reaction score
ThankGod! Pretty good you removed my query! Thanks!
How did your paper go and how much are you expecting?