• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths D 22

How did your paper go?

• bad, difficult to score an A*

Votes: 17 20.0%
  • Vey good

Votes: 40 47.1%
  • Just okay

Votes: 28 32.9%

• Total voters
Reaction score
thanks! This is just AP GP. I thought it had some breakthrough information :\

Reaction score
Yeah, but it worked. That's what we were concerned with. Besides, what breakthrough information did you expect to get on problem solving?

Reaction score
Well, you know, patterns and sequences in O levels don't have a definite formula. Usually it's left for the candidates to brainstorm. Back in my days, I used to think up formulas all the time, each was effective in its own way. Then, in AS, I studied AP/GP and realized, I could have just used these instead of thinking up all those "breakthrough" methods (which I can't prove at all, but they somehow got me the correct answer). And then, in A2, I came across even more systematic ways to counter sequences, relating to graphs, and now I realize that all the formulas I had were essentially modified versions of the AP/GP formula and I am curious to know if there are any "actual alternatives" to them.

Reaction score
i mentioned SAS and this was because in the book, this congruency had been shown to prove that both triangles r congruent! :)
but i guess as Saad said, there were many possible answers here!

CIE isn't very strict on this matter. You needed to mention the correct reasons.
The reasons were,
AO = AO (Common side)
The two tangents were equal (Tangents from external point).
The Angle was 90 deg. (Tangent perp. Radius).
The radii were equal (Radii of circle).

Reaction score
I don't know what happened to me in the last question. I couldn't even solve a quadratic equation then :(

Overall, I think I'll lose 15 to 25 marks. It could have gone much better :/

Reaction score
I have one query from Paper 1.... :oops:
Well, there was that question of Someone who works and gets paid by hour..
The time worked was 8 h 15 min...
So did we have to take the money for the 8 hours only or for the 15 mins tooo.....? :confused:

Reaction score
I have one query from Paper 1.... :oops:
Well, there was that question of Someone who works and gets paid by hour..
The time worked was 8 h 15 min...
So did we have to take the money for the 8 hours only or for the 15 mins tooo.....? :confused:
i think for 8 hours and 15 min

Reaction score
another query from P1:
there was a question which compared the earnings/interest i don't exactly remember though, among two girls, named Cynthia and don't remember who. I guess the 'OTHER' girl had only $2 more in her account!?