• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths D 22

How did your paper go?

• bad, difficult to score an A*

Votes: 17 20.0%
  • Vey good

Votes: 40 47.1%
  • Just okay

Votes: 28 32.9%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Oh and listen when do we use the quadratic function, and when differentiation, to find the turning point?

Reaction score
Oh like x1 y1 x2 y2 formula! Could u answer my relative velocity question btw... Why can't we multiply the direction vector by the speed to find the velocity vector...why do we need the unit vector to do that?

because direction can be shown using infinite numbr of vectors like 3i+4j , 6i+8j all show same direction, so if we multiply speed by the direction vector given which can be anything for a given angle, then we can get infinite number of velocity vectors for same speed and direction (WHICH IS ABSURD) so we use the unit vector

Reaction score
I gave 6. From tangent. I didn't realize the need to differentiate in during the exam, I differentiated it after the exam and realized it was 4.5 and I gave 6 which WILL be out of range, so 1 mark lost. :(
But then dont they see the diagram wen marking coz it dapends on how people draw the tangent ryt :p

Reaction score
Really??? But my maths tutor said that they mark acccording to the diagram drawn *confused*

Reaction score
Really??? But my maths tutor said that they mark acccording to the diagram drawn *confused*

I thought so too but from what I know, it doesn't work that way because if the tangent is CORRECTLY drawn, you'll always get the gradient that is within the specified range.