• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths P1 13th/oct .. how was it?

Reaction score
soumayya said:
The answer for the last ques was 11/12 pie...
yeh, i think u r write coz i also gt 0.91pie as my final ans.first i found out the volume under curve tht was 2pie with having limits 5 and 0. Then Volume under the line with havin limits 5 and 0 an the ans was 2.91pie...sbtracted volume of curve from volume of line so the ans was 0.91pie..

If anyone thinks that this is a wrong ans, please dont hesitate to tell me the right ans.

I think people over here are very much good at studies, coz almost every person after the exam was saying that the paper was very difficult and lengthy too. And the same i think that the paper was difficult.

Reaction score
khalid said:
dont remeber the exact but in first we just had to differentiate and then in part 2 put 5=t
yeh did that in the same manner as you did, i guess its rite..

Reaction score
grimreaper_123 said:
Aoa guyz..
overall my paper went great..im just unsure bout the volume question...my ans was 0.917pi..can anyone cunfirm that?
thnx
yeh i got the same ans as you got...check the way how i did it, 1 post before this one

Reaction score
Islu_jf said:
yeah i did paper 12 too..
didi u get one of the coordinates as 7.5 as y?
and k was 4 right??
i hope i dd good.. its my last chance..

oh can i ask one more thing.. ??
if i lost max 10 marks in p1
do i stil have a chance of an A?
I think u`l get an A if u lost 10 marks in it coz ppr was dificult and i m sure the percentile would be low..
If percentile still exists...

Reaction score
I did paper 12 of Pure Mathematics 1.

It was an easy paper , a bit tricky at first sight but easily manageable. I finished in 1h 15 minutes.

Question 1 - Co efficient was 240
Question 2 - Was trig identity proving. Was Easy
Question 3 - Rate of change of length was 7/30.
Question 4 - Ap/Gp , n=47 , Gp was a proof
Question 5 - I think it was the K related maths.
Range 0<k<4 ,
then K=0 , K=4 , since k was a non-zero constant , k=4 , x = 1/2 and something.
Question 6 - Functions ,
f(X)>3 , domain also > 3
h(X) = X^2 + 3
Question 7 - I think this was a curve / co ordinate related maths. Don't quite remember
Question 8 - Length of Ab and midpoint of AB most probably. The length was a answer in surds , with the y co ordinate of midpoint of AB was 7/2.
Question 9 - Vectors. 69.6 Degrees
Question 10 - I tihnk X = 2 , and it was a minimum
Question 11 - 11/12 pie . Limits volume of revolution of Line - Limits volume of revolution of curve

insha'Allah , I should get 73 or 74 :)

Reaction score
11/12 pie and 0.91 pie is the samething. So those who answered 0.91pie is also correct in question no 11 :)

Reaction score
Afghan said:
I got the area as 11pi/12 . I did apply the formula and other things right which was like

pi y2(square) - pi y1(square)
where y2 was the equation of the line and y1 the eq. of the curve

but still cant be sure of the final answer as I am always prone to follow-up mistakes in lengthy questions.
Anyways if the formula and like most of my steps are good, then i might be able to score around 6 or 7 i would say.
Overall the paper was good, except for the Volume and Surface area question, which beat me real bad! :(

The answer is effectively 11pi/12

Reaction score
grimreaper_123 said:
Aoa guyz..
overall my paper went great..im just unsure bout the volume question...my ans was 0.917pi..can anyone cunfirm that?
thnx
I think ur answer is good....

Reaction score
hey...i wrongly replaced in the last question....how many marks will be cut...?
hpe nly 1 mark is gone...

Reaction score
@soumaya;..2 marks will be deducted...1 for wrong limits(M1)..1 for wrong answer(A1) as a result of wrong limits..

Reaction score
thaks guys...but im still a lil unsure...cuz the answer to the integration question is very different amongst my friends..
and btw if i got 80% in p1..how many marks wud i need in m1 to get an A grade?

Reaction score
Hmm ameen for hooda, i got all the answers the same as you mentioned..
But i lost a stupid mark on the h(x) thing
And i confirm that 11/12 pi is the good answer am really sure cause i did it twice on the exam

Reaction score
grimreaper_123 said:
thaks guys...but im still a lil unsure...cuz the answer to the integration question is very different amongst my friends..
and btw if i got 80% in p1..how many marks wud i need in m1 to get an A grade?

Try your best to score an A in Mechanics as well because you never know how high the percentile/percentage for an A will be. I say that because usually in P1 an A is 63-65 and in M1 it is 43-46.

Best of luck!