• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths P1 May June 2010 Variant- 12

Reaction score
Please help me dear bro nd sisters wid question 11 of functions.....best of luck to ere1 for tommrow

Reaction score
i) 2=4-3Sinx
or, Sinx=2/3...and u'll get it..
ii)i guess u can do the graph..by setting the values max and minimun values of Sinx in their resp angles...
iii)Max value of Sinx is 1 which gives f(x)=1 and min value of Sinx is -1 which gives f(x)=7....so between 0 to 2pie...the values of y are betwen 1 to 7...now as question says, No solution means ..out of the range 1 to 7.....i.e k<1 and k>7....
iv) from the graph above u plotted...look at the x values and the values of y ....for function to b one to one...the key point is...one x value shud give single value of y....so look at values of y until u find same values of y from same values of x..so u'll get pie/2 this way...coz after that u will get two values of y for same values of x...jus check out the graph once..
v)hope u can do this!!