• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

maths p3 vectors help!!

Reaction score
heyy!, the exam is coming up really fast and i am really scared for vectors, mostly because i am clueless, so if anyone could do the vectors question of the winter 2010 paper variant 31, it would be really really great!!

Reaction score
take the directional vector of OP as (x y z). then OP.AB (dot product). put the values of x, y and z from the equ. of AB to the obtained equ. find the value of the constant, which comes -1/6 put this in the equ. of AB find out the value of x, y and z. this will give the psition vector, OP.

Reaction score
ok guys...but what about part iii for finding the plane...my question is how to find the NORMAL OF PLANE OAB??
i found the direction vector of AB but the normal for OAB is hard,,besides wht they mean BY OAB why O at the beginning

thanks alot

Reaction score
directional vector for the plane perpendicular to OAB is OP, as it (OP) is perpendicular OAB but lies on the plane OAB. use the formula b.n=0 (b is any point on AB). u will get an equ. in the form 2x+5y+7z=0. equate this with a.n ( a being either position vectors OA or OB ) and obtain the equ. 2x+5y+7z=26

Reaction score
i wanna know the other way... i mean iam using the simultaneous equating way in which both the direction vector of AB and the normal of the plane OAB(b.n=o)
we solve them and we got a=2 and b=5 and c=7 so my question is who he found the normal of plane OAB ?
ur way is correct but iam using this way so plz again any reply

thanks