• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths paper 12 ???

Reaction score
It wasn't hard and wansnt easy. It had a new format of question types :/
We would've done much better if the questions were the same as the old questions in past papers.

Reaction score
The only question which actually required thinking would probably be the sin2 theta question. The rest of them required basic concepts.

Reaction score
The only question which actually required thinking would probably be the sin2 theta question. The rest of them required basic concepts.
We can prove it as reflex angle is b/w 270-360 which is theta, 2*theta will be equal to 540-720 which lies in 3rd and 4th quadrant where sin is -ive.
Also sin2 theta = 2sin theta * cos theta, put the values from (i) the ans will be in negative :)

Reaction score
We can prove it as reflex angle is b/w 270-360 which is theta, 2*theta will be equal to 540-720 which lies in 3rd and 4th quadrant where sin is -ive.
Also sin2 theta = 2sin theta * cos theta, put the values from (i) the ans will be in negative :)
Yeah I know. I used the first method. Btw, you could get banned for this. It's not been 24 hrs. yet so you can't discuss answers.

Reaction score
If the paper was really tough one then surely A grade will be around 58 to 60 marks..! Candidates who managed to do the paper well will have bonus point. No worries you people have S1 remaining so work hard and give ur best..! Dont lose heart and concentrate on your remaining papers.. May Allah Bless u all with straight As :) Good Luck !

Reaction score
For the second question, I didn't put the negative sign, as we never studied that in P1. I did the normal working and got the exact answer without the negative sign. Is that even considered wrong?

Reaction score
For finding the constant c when differentiating, you did take 3 as x but you mistakenly took 0 instead of -10. It's wrong what you did. We will take the point (3,-10). Why did you take at x=3?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! lol It was a double derivative. When you integrate you get the first derivative. For max and min points you need to equate it to 0
You get max and min at dy/dx = 0
If you integrate d^2y/dx^2 then you get dy/dx
LOL It was not a mistake dude.
Seriously? Man

The question had the second derivative. If you integrate it, then you get the first derivative. You equate the first derivative to 0 to get turning points