• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths Paper 4 Discussion

Reaction score
Okay , here is a nice clean short word that describes it , for me..

Sequence , Polygons , How many children and adults , Formula , WERE NIGHTMARES!!! :geek:

T.S

Reaction score
I only had a problem in the sequence question. The adult and child question was easy. Anyway the sequence question has only 6-7 marks which won't effect your grade much if you got other things right.

Reaction score
I had a problem with the last part of the probability question. I think the answer is 5.

Another problem was the number of sides of the polygon. I guess it is 18.

Yup, the sequence was a nightmare, I left the last page anyways.

If someone still remembers the vectors, can he/she please post the three answers. Thanks.

Reaction score
for the vectors
i think it is -1/2 c + 1/2v
1/2c + 1/2 v
and.....
i think -1/2 c + 1/6v (smthing like tht)

Reaction score
i used 1/3 of v for the questions involving the M. The M isn't half of the other line. The polygon one is correct. You had to use (n-2)*180 formula.

Reaction score
sequences was a piece of cake..really easyy :) i think i lost only about 5-6 marks :D :D :D

Reaction score
EASIEST EXAM TILL NOW!!! dude this was ownage =D its all easy i did very well lost only 1 freaking mark, (yes only 1 im sure) the children adult is adult 35 and children 17 =D, last question the formula of it was 1/20 n (n-14) and the last question answer was 300, yes it was very easy exam vectors dont remember, but i think 1/2 (v-c) or 1/2 (c-v), it was so easy, polygons, i answered lol ask me about any question i did very well =D

Reaction score
the exam overall was easy, but there was a question about the interior and exterior angles of a polygon i did it wrong, and the last page i did all the question s but without steps would they give me marks for the correct answers???

Reaction score
Whoever is sure about the vector questions please reply.
Because I considered CM as 1/2CV. I don't think CM/MV are equal to 1/3v, there is just no clue in the question.

Reaction score
ohhh the exam was ok... but some questions were difficult! the last page i left it in blank..and also the bit about transformations and the circle theorem one!!!! i think i could have done it better if they gave us a bit more time!

Reaction score
last page equation was 1/20 n (n-14), its actaully easy, i did this in order to get 1/p x 3 (3 - q) = 2, and solved like leaner equation and last question answer (last part) was 300

Reaction score
i hated the vectors part i never understood vectors and for the adult abd children i used simultanous equation but i dont remember my answer ... circe therom was the middle 1 centre o 96?? and umm i left the sequence page and the interior and exterior angles ques. 2 ... and a bit of the transformations was hard was the 2nd 1 shear or stretch?? and wht was the scale factor ??

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
i gave 2nd variant adult and children was 35 and 17 using simultaneous exam and yes circle was 96 it was stretch xaxis invariant scale factor was 3

Reaction score
Well for the last question (the formula) I got 1/2n (n-3). I triple checked it and it seemed to be right. I don't know how ZaidOwns got 1/20n (n-14). I found the probability one really easy but the one I hated was the bearings under the trigonometry. ahh... that question screwed me over. I also did not practise my transformation matrices, though I got the reflection one correct.
@kazamodia, they will give you one mark (A1) for the correct answer. Depends on the difficulty, but it is usually A1 only.