• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths Paper Discussion 12 and 22

Reaction score
What was the answer to that vector question in Section B, about transformation. My friends wrote the parallelogram would be enlarged by 3 factor. I wrote the two way stretch of factor 3. Is it correct.

Reaction score
We're not allowed to discuss yet. Please wait till tomorrow.
What was the answer to that vector question in Section B, about transformation. My friends wrote the parallelogram would be enlarged by 3 factor. I wrote the two way stretch of factor 3. Is it correct.

Reaction score
i wrote two way stretch too with the stretch factor of both y and x =3. its correct. dont worry.

Reaction score
can somebody provide me with a very resourceful addmaths online website. i heard of a teachers website thing. i forgot. help asap

Reaction score

yes, it was enlargement, with b as centre of enlargement and with factor 3.

Reaction score
If I write that the centre of enlargment as the origin (0,0), which I am quite sure was (I multplied the vectors of parallelogram ABCD with enlargment matrix with centre as (0,0) ) what is wrong I believe it is correct....please discuss more questions as 24 hours is over and there is no problem now

Reaction score

it was an enlargement with the scale factor on 3 and the center of enlargement point 'B'

Reaction score
Hey that total of fence I calculated came to be 832 and further upin decimal to two places but I guess answer was more than 1000 as we had to find 220 percent while I guess I found 120 percent using ratio method as I wrote 100 percent in 378 so how much will be in 220 but will my all marks be gone,I am worried and that was in locus question we had to use Pythagoras theorem,I used it,some measured it,and I forgot to write answer to AF but wrote 7 cm in working I guess