• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths Riddle Game

Reaction score
Thought i should put up a brain teaser too! ;) :D

Create a number using only the digits 4,4,3,3,2,2,1 and 1. So i can only be eight digits. You have to make sure the ones are separated by one digit, the twos are separated by two digits the threes are separated with three digits and the fours are separated by four digits.

Reaction score
Thought i should put up a brain teaser too! ;) :D

Create a number using only the digits 4,4,3,3,2,2,1 and 1. So i can only be eight digits. You have to make sure the ones are separated by one digit, the twos are separated by two digits the threes are separated with three digits and the fours are separated by four digits.
Assalam-o-alaikum wr wb :)
its simple :D

Reaction score
Here is another one!

You're in a hallway lined with 100 closed lockers.
You begin by opening every locker. Then you close every second locker. Then you go to every third locker and open it (if it's closed) or close it (if it's open). Let's call this action toggling a locker. Continue toggling every nth locker on pass number n. After 100 passes, where you toggle only locker #100, how many lockers are open and whats their no.? NO GOOGLE!

Reaction score
Here is another one!

You're in a hallway lined with 100 closed lockers.
You begin by opening every locker. Then you close every second locker. Then you go to every third locker and open it (if it's closed) or close it (if it's open). Let's call this action toggling a locker. Continue toggling every nth locker on pass number n. After 100 passes, where you toggle only locker #100, how many lockers are open and whats their no.? NO GOOGLE!
10 lockers are left open
Locker no 1,4,9,16,25,36,49,64,81,100
Am i r8?o_O

Reaction score
10 lockers are left open
Locker no 1,4,9,16,25,36,49,64,81,100
Am i r8?o_O
yup! ^_^
btw, how did u deduce dat...widout google? :D

and try NOT showing that face...makes me feel ur threatening me "IS IT RYT?" (SAY YES OR ELSE...)

Reaction score
yup! ^_^
btw, how did u deduce dat...widout google? :D

and try NOT showing that face...makes me feel ur threatening me "IS IT RYT?" (SAY YES OR ELSE...)
tht was simple :)
i solved it before when i was in grade 7th or 8th
The only way a locker could be left open is if it is toggled an odd number of times. The only numbers with an odd number of factors are the perfect
squares. Thus, the perfect squares are left open. :)

Reaction score
tht was simple :)
i solved it before when i was in grade 7th or 8th
The only way a locker could be left open is if it is toggled an odd number of times. The only numbers with an odd number of factors are the perfect
squares. Thus, the perfect squares are left open. :)
yup ur good! :D

Reaction score
Riddle No.9:
A man accidentally fell in a 30m well. His friend gave him a rope. The man was able to climb 3 metres, but slipped back 2 metres in 5 minutes.
How much time will he take to climb up the well?

Reaction score
Riddle No.9:
A man accidentally fell in a 30m well. His friend gave him a rope. The man was able to climb 3 metres, but slipped back 2 metres in 5 minutes.
How much time will he take to climb up the well?
140 mins :)

Reaction score
Riddle No.10:
There are five rational pirates, A, B, C, D and E. They find 100 gold coins. They must decide how to distribute them.
The pirates have a strict order of seniority: A is superior to B, who is superior to C, who is superior to D, who is superior to E.

The pirates also follow strict rules of coin distribution, which are thus: the most senior pirate should propose a distribution of coins. The pirates, including the senior pirate, then vote on whether to accept this distribution. If the proposed allocation is accepted by a majority vote, it happens. If not, the proposer is thrown overboard from the pirate ship and dies, and the next most-senior pirate makes a new proposal to begin the system again.

In the event of a tie vote, the most senior pirate has the casting vote.

Pirates base their decisions on three factors, in order of priority:
First of all, each pirate wants to survive.
Second, each pirate wants to maximize the number of gold coins he receives.
Third, all things being equal, a pirate would prefer to throw the most-senior pirate overboard.

Determine the number of coins each pirate receives.

Reaction score
Riddle No.10:
There are five rational pirates, A, B, C, D and E. They find 100 gold coins. They must decide how to distribute them.
The pirates have a strict order of seniority: A is superior to B, who is superior to C, who is superior to D, who is superior to E.

The pirates also follow strict rules of coin distribution, which are thus: the most senior pirate should propose a distribution of coins. The pirates, including the senior pirate, then vote on whether to accept this distribution. If the proposed allocation is accepted by a majority vote, it happens. If not, the proposer is thrown overboard from the pirate ship and dies, and the next most-senior pirate makes a new proposal to begin the system again.

Third, all things being equal, a pirate would prefer to throw the most-senior pirate overboard.

Are you kidding me?

Reaction score
Riddle No.10:

A:98
B:0
C:1
D:0
E:1