• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

May/June 2012 Grade boundaries??????

Reaction score
I just downloaded the file and i was really shocked by some marks, for example all sciences have a range of about 40-45/80 to get an A in paper 3, for chemistry it was something like 33-37 depending on the variant, the maths was 174/200 for an A*, which is not too hard to get i believe, but really tho why are the sciences so low? the A in chemistry (not * ) was 101/200 on variant 2 I think, why haven't many guys gotten many A*s with such low marks to achieve??

(Im still sitting for exams this may june, wanna know if the same thing is gonna happen with me and i get bad marks, is it like stress, or what does really make it so hard to achieve these marks?)

Reaction score
I just downloaded the file and i was really shocked by some marks, for example all sciences have a range of about 40-45/80 to get an A in paper 3, for chemistry it was something like 33-37 depending on the variant, the maths was 174/200 for an A*, which is not too hard to get i believe, but really tho why are the sciences so low? the A in chemistry (not * ) was 101/200 on variant 2 I think, why haven't many guys gotten many A*s with such low marks to achieve??

(Im still sitting for exams this may june, wanna know if the same thing is gonna happen with me and i get bad marks, is it like stress, or what does really make it so hard to achieve these marks?)

You should not depend on the curve !! Study well , am going to doo M/J this year alsoo ;)