• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mechanics M2 (6678)

How well did you do you think you did in the exam? (after you do the exam)

• Total voters
Reaction score
How are you preparing for this exam guys, it's on the 31st so not much time left.
Post your questions and inquires here, so that we can help each other.

---------------------------
by the way sorry about the typo in the poll.

Reaction score
Just wanted to ask, what if someone fails in one unit but the overall total comes to a B? is it given as B or is the whole qualification put as uncleared? :confused:

Reaction score
ofc you get a B. It would be retarded if they let you fail a whole subject just because of one unit.

Reaction score
lol don't aim for that though, always aim for that a star, by the way I'll help you with that question in a bit, read the marking scheme and see if you can understand it before I'm done with what I'm doing lol :)
getfile.php

Reaction score
:LOL: not aiming but just to be on the safe side i wanted to know... thanks :)
n sure np! tyt

Reaction score
Hiya everyone. I have a question and i was hoping you would help me out :D!
M2 june 2009 Q 7b
I would be very grateful if you could me, thanks in advance xx

Reaction score
you know how to do a right? you just split the shape up into two right triangles at the sides, and a rectangle in the middle, and find the centre of mass. or you can split it up into three equilateral triangles,
and for B wait lol I didn't read the question right.

Reaction score
sure np :)

i guess the markscheme says to split it into 3 triangles :S cuz if we split it in triangles and rectangle den we dont get ne equillateral triangles right? :S

Reaction score
OK B is easy as well, all you gotta do is calculate the center of mass with point D as the origin, if you did that already in part A, then just draw the horizontal distance between D and the c.o.m and the vertical distance between D and the c.o.m and the direct distance between D and the c.o.m. You will have a right angled triangle, just use SOHCAHTOA to find the angle (tan in this case)

Reaction score
sure np :)

i guess the markscheme says to split it into 3 triangles :S cuz if we split it in triangles and rectangle den we dont get ne equillateral triangles right? :S
No, it's up to you how to split it up, as long as it's right :) I didn't really understand what you meant, but you can do that part in different ways =)
and no problem at all, I love to help :p

Reaction score
No, it's up to you how to split it up, as long as it's right :) I didn't really understand what you meant, but you can do that part in different ways =)
and no problem at all, I love to help :p
oh i see... what i meant to ask was umm.. the formula we use for triangles is for an equilateral triangle right? :unsure: or all triangles??

:LOL: dats so nice of u :D

Reaction score