• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Memorizing History Points

Reaction score
Hey guys I wanted to know if you guys have some fun method or some tips about how to memorize the various points of History for e.g Fourteen Points,Objective Resolution,Government of India Act e.t.c. How did you guys memorize them? I am giving 4 subjects(P.st,Islamiat,Urdu and Statistics) this October.Kindly share your tips with me :good:

Reaction score
Welll there are no such memorizing method but definately in all Acts of the British there is always something common in them like abt seats u cud learn from seats that this act had such seat and this such but they are all really confusing and u really have to do some rote learning without that ull fail trying miserably ! .
u shud try finding common points like i said that will make ur life very easy.

BTW no need to learn 14 points !! just see what it says,see what it did for independence and what was it importance and part at that time when it was compiled thats all !.

dont worry abt these acts basically just see them daily and ull get done with them !!

Reaction score
Also since u asked for a tip heres one dont leave sec 3 especially relations.
What i say is do the relations first even before doin sec 1 or sec2 but ull first have to do ministries,in oct/nov theres a high chance of relations coming as they never came in may/june so u better do them !!

Reaction score
Thanks man,I am quite good at Pakistan Studies except the roting things,I get around 75-80 in school exams so overall my preparation is good and sec 3 is the easiest in my opinion,how did you prepare for the exams?What was your study routine?Because I am really confused about what to do and what not to do e.g. Reading the book,Practicing Questions or reading Past papers....and in what order to start.

Reaction score
for this, try to see our topic, HISTORY RARE QUESTIONS(u can search this in the search box). there are tips for the preparation of overall paper as well as for ndividual questions. if any question, u can ask about it at [email protected] . ILL BE REALLY GLAD to help!

Reaction score
welll i did like this.
since i gave 3 subs like u except Maths so first i finished reading the book for all these subs except urdu according to the syllabus.

then when this was done then i started doin PP of these subs like history one paper a day first did from 2005 - 2010 and then some from 2000 to 2004 and after doin these papers i used to check answers from MS and then read ER ( which u must read ). basically thats all nowdays there is less need of learning dates so its pretty cool but in 4 mark question it is really good if u know a date for that event ! .for these acts like Govt of india ones well i guess u gotta go through these every day ull get it.

Also u cud tell us what books u r using we might be able to tell u or guide u here ! ! :D :)

Reaction score
Thanks alot guys!and scouserlfc I am preparing mainly from Nigel Kelly book and also a little bit from Nigel Smith.Is anyone of you giving the exams this October?And guys the main problem is of memorizing the points,the else isnt that tough :)

Reaction score
EMPOLEON said:
Thanks alot guys!and scouserlfc I am preparing mainly from Nigel Kelly book and also a little bit from Nigel Smith.Is anyone of you giving the exams this October?And guys the main problem is of memorizing the points,the else isnt that tough :)
Here is another tip for u !! Open up the book (Nigel Kelly)
for example u want to learn Morley Minto Reforms
Read those reforms
make points on a paper (Don't copy from the book, write what u understood) ask ur teacher to check those or post it here on XPF and we will help u !! btw 14 marks patter in a bit complicated !! I will tell u the pattern soon

Reaction score
hey, do u have the latest Nigel Kelly book the old one is a little out dated get the new one if u can !
ANd yeah try doin this what salman said with isl also in this way u can also make quick notes for revision in exam days !

Cud u also tell which books u r using for GEO and isl !

Reaction score
thanks salman and scouserflc,yeah I have latest 2010 version of Nigel Kelly. I have Farkhanda Noor and Maulvi Iftikhar-ul-Haq books for Islamiat and for geo I have Fazle Karim Khan and Huma Naz Sethi books,which books are you using? :Search: :Search: :Search: :Search: :) :)

Reaction score
EMPOLEON said:
thanks salman and scouserflc,yeah I have latest 2010 version of Nigel Kelly. I have Farkhanda Noor and Maulvi Iftikhar-ul-Haq books for Islamiat and for geo I have Fazle Karim Khan and Huma Naz Sethi books,which books are you using? :Search: :Search: :Search: :Search: :) :)
Yeah the books are the same as I had !! Also buy Revised Edition of Dr.Thomas book

Reaction score
well thomas is not neccessary its up to u !! but its okay, but please remember buying thomas means u wont get a lot of knowledge its a good book but has very little matter in it !

if u like get Islam in Mordern Perspective by Ayesha Tariq which also has the surahs with a and b parts but it also like thomas is incomplete a little and some things are out of syllabus.

so there is no need to buy these books but if u want any of these shud do for u .
btw the other books are fine and good ! we used the same books !

Reaction score
scouserlfc said:
well thomas is not neccessary its up to u !! but its okay, but please remember buying thomas means u wont get a lot of knowledge its a good book but has very little matter in it !

if u like get Islam in Mordern Perspective by Ayesha Tariq which also has the surahs with a and b parts but it also like thomas is incomplete a little and some things are out of syllabus.

so there is no need to buy these books but if u want any of these shud do for u .
btw the other books are fine and good ! we used the same books !
Correct !! These were suggested by me only for Reference !! :)

Reaction score
Yeah I have the latest version of Nigel Kelly,and for Islamiat I have Farkhanda Noor and Yasmeen Malik book.For Geo I have Huma Naz Sethi and Fazle Karim Khan...

Reaction score
And we'll be here, dont forget! As for the books, i gave my papers with furkhunda noor and yasmin malik for islamiat, fazle karim and huma naz sethi (old version) for geography, and farooq bajwa and nigel kelly (old version) for history. other than these i used past papers, and of course a lot of time discussing with the experts , SALMAN and SCOUSERFLC here!

Reaction score
Thanks alot guys! by the way I have read the book twice of both P.st and Islamiat, I am currently reading past papers. I have'nt done any written practice yet and I am confused what to practice in written......Should I just do past paper practice? What did you guys do? Thanks for your support everyone :)

Reaction score
EMPOLEON said:
Thanks alot guys! by the way I have read the book twice of both P.st and Islamiat, I am currently reading past papers. I have'nt done any written practice yet and I am confused what to practice in written......Should I just do past paper practice? What did you guys do? Thanks for your support everyone :)
Just do past papers !! 7 marks and 14 marks only as before 2010 there was no 4 marks !! Now u have got plenty of time so first look at the syllabus and see that u have read all the required materials ?? Try answering the questions in syllabus (though not in written form) then start the past papers !! check your answers authenticity by marking Scheme !! as for Islamiat Q2 of both the papers is compulsory and therefore make questions out of the points given in Syllabus !! In this way there is NO chances for unexpected questions coming !!

Reaction score
Yeah do what Salman says but side by side also prep for 4 marks question,some difficult 4 mark questions also come like this time they asked us what was the battle of Kanpur in the war of Independece ? a lot of people thought it was rani of jhansi instead it was Nana sahib and his awful strategy.
anyways so try prep them also like learning a few dates of the famous personalities like Allama iqbal birth date and death dates and also dates of some imp events by giving the dates u can get an extra mark i guess in 4 marks,

in 4 marks basically the examiner tries to trick everyone and asks stuff which is not very common in 7 and 14 marks and as most people just concentrate on the big stuff like the acts conferences they leave the smmall events liket he question above and then have problems so go through the book carefully.
thats all basically history is pretty easy ifu know what u r writing and u can express ur self.Also an important thing to tell u is that start Past paper (PP) practice early because when i started PP i had problems expressing what i had in mind,sometimes u get confused int he answer pattern and sometimes the question confuses u so do PP and dont leave them for the last month :wink: :wink: :wink: :D