• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Memorizing History Points

Reaction score
EMPOLEON said:
Thanks alot guys! by the way I have read the book twice of both P.st and Islamiat, I am currently reading past papers. I have'nt done any written practice yet and I am confused what to practice in written......Should I just do past paper practice? What did you guys do? Thanks for your support everyone :)
There's sumthing wrong in here...YEah!! REading past papers..!! NEVER EVER read the sample answers given there unless ur concepts are so strong to be befuddled by wats written in there. I remember wen i gave these subjects last year...and in the days before my mocks i ws so confused that i did exactly the same thing...reading them..! That not only wasted my time bcuz neither cud i remembr the info given in pst pprs nor cud i put mine's into words..! That doesnt mean u shud ignore the answers in pastpapers...I only meant to say that just observe the way the answers are written..Try to get sum sample answers from ur tchr or sumone and see the flow thats in the answer. Nevertheless, Dont stop reading from the book or ur notes...U cud write down lengthy points on a ppr or register wherevr...and then keep on shortening them until u not only hve a few works to click ur mind to answer the whole question and u'll remember the details too..!!
There mayb sumthing fishy in what i have written above cuz its been a yr ago i gave the paper...but still...id be happy if anything of ur concern comes out of it.!
Lastly, Gud Luckk..!! :)

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I am doing history past papers and the Question 1 of 5 marks (the 5 one mark questions) in the old papers are giving me a hard time, they are hard to memorize too. So i was thinking that is it important to prepare the old question 1 or just the new one which is source based. For written practice I am still confused what to do? should I do written past paper practice? or from book.Thanks for your help......

Reaction score
EMPOLEON said:
Thanks guys! I am doing history past papers and the Question 1 of 5 marks (the 5 one mark questions) in the old papers are giving me a hard time, they are hard to memorize too. So i was thinking that is it important to prepare the old question 1 or just the new one which is source based. For written practice I am still confused what to do? should I do written past paper practice? or from book.Thanks for your help......
Leave part a) i.e 4 marks for now !! First u got to learn important events and their outcome so why don't u make ur own notes for them ?? Then Learn all from those and do 7 and 14 marks questions from 2010 till 2000

Reaction score
Yeah I am starting from 1992 and go till 2010, I did geography from 1994 to 2010 in five days....Salman what about the 5 mark question that came in the old paper pattern? They are mainly for memorizing, are they worth memorizing?

Reaction score
EMPOLEON said:
Yeah I am starting from 1992 and go till 2010, I did geography from 1994 to 2010 in five days....Salman what about the 5 mark question that came in the old paper pattern? They are mainly for memorizing, are they worth memorizing?
First of all No need to go for 1992 in History !! Syllabus was first revised in 2000 so better start doing from 2000 and the Pattern of History again changed in 2010 so there are no 5 marks questions anymore !! just a simple 4 marks question for e.g :
What was Battle of Buxar ? [4]

Reaction score
Ohhh....ok yeah I knew about the syllabus change but just revising the stuff in the book.So what written practice did u do?

Reaction score
EMPOLEON said:
Ohhh....ok yeah I knew about the syllabus change but just revising the stuff in the book.So what written practice did u do?
Written Practice I did for Past papers only !! I solved 10 years past papers with additional questions provided by various sources !! I first of all sorted the questions in to topic wise form and then did questions for a single topic !!

Reaction score
yup man dont go to 1990s the syllabus is strange there so do from 2000 thats all and then when u r complete we might ask u some questions or something so prepare correctly !
well if u do each paper a day its like 20 days so chill out its less then a month but one thing man GEo papers from the 2010 when syllabus changd are very difficult so i say u see the themes of the geo syllabus and see what u could write on those themes from each topic ! beware geo looks easy but the paper know days is a little difficult !

Reaction score
I have finished History Past Papers today!!! It took me three days and the questions were quite easy bcuz most of them were repeated and had the same answers. Thats the best thing about history :) and geography I have already done it took me 6 days. Gonna start Islamiat papers from tommorow and finish in 5 days inshallah. So you can ask me any question you want from pakistan studies :) :p ;)

Reaction score
yaar u r doin this pretty fast i guess u r absolutely good at this now ! okay take ur time yaar no need to run away abhi there is more then enuf time to start syllabus again and complete it fully so dont hurry and keep revising old stuff u dont want to forget !

Reaction score
Yeah I was doing around 8 papers in a day, now i have also finished Islamiat past papers, can you tell me what should I do now? How should I prepare Urdu. The problem is that my family is in Saudi Arabia so I come here during the vacations, I myself am studying at Cadet College Hasanabdal. So I will go to Pakistan on 4th August and start going to Sir Asim's academy. Till then I am really confused what to do and how to practice.....Once again,thank for your help :) :) :)

Reaction score
EMPOLEON said:
Yeah I was doing around 8 papers in a day, now i have also finished Islamiat past papers, can you tell me what should I do now? How should I prepare Urdu. The problem is that my family is in Saudi Arabia so I come here during the vacations, I myself am studying at Cadet College Hasanabdal. So I will go to Pakistan on 4th August and start going to Sir Asim's academy. Till then I am really confused what to do and how to practice.....Once again,thank for your help :) :) :)
Urdu is just about revision !! open up a past paper and do one thing at one day !! for Example today u did Mazmoon then tomorrow do translation and then so on :)

Reaction score
well i say u get Mujeeb ur rahmans URDU book its one of the best and start learning proverbs from there and doin its exercises but as Salman said its all abt practice if u do it every day like maths then u will pretty much know it fully also try doin translation and then when a hard word comes whose meaning u dont know write that word on a paper and also its meaning and then keep revising those words every day thats what i did for translation !