• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Money vs Passion

Reaction score
Hello to everyone and congratulations to all graduates,
From Kuwait.
Right now I'm in the process of completing my IGCSE's and considering doing AS's.
-I cannot afford university tuition by my country has a scholarship program.
-I HAVE TO GAIN A SCHOLARSHIP
-Scholarship requires 2 AS's minimum but I can manage to go with my IGCSE's alone
-I need to study in either the USA or Canada or UK
------
Passion:
I enjoy learning about how the brain functions and how a person's subconscious reacts to external factors.
(Cognitive Psychology )

Money:
On the other hand, I can easily grab a degree in (Chemical Engineering) or (Finance/Accounting) and be employed in a millisecond. Although I'm not THAT into chem. eng. or finance ... but I AM good at them..
---------
Issue:
A degree in Psychology would be amazing and a dream come true; however the scholarship program in my country does not support this in the United States or Canada or UK.
Furthermore, the employment chances are very limited back home as there are virtually no jobs that pay well ($3500 +). Medical Psychology is an option but I don't really like dealing with diseases.
I can gain access to a Medicine Scholarship
-------
-Should I do AS's ?
- Should I take a scholarship for Medicine ? How can I link it to Psychology ?
-Major/Minor or Even Double Major ?
I wouldn't mind working hard for this,
-----
Help ? :unsure:

Last edited: