• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

My mind is now locked.

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am Vishal from India. I am gonna get low grades in my As exams due to some problems.
I will list my probs below and I hope to get answers briefly but covering all knowledge I need.

• I have to live in India, so is it better to shift from CIE to National Board or should I continue in CIE itself coz, I heard that CIEs are only for abroad thing, so I am gonna waste my year. So coming to question, should I change it or not ?
• If I changed it, and wanna a go for job at abroad, so will I face any difficulties ?
• Lastly, my personal view is that to shift to National Board, but I need other reference too.

Thanks.

Nibz
AnGeL.Of.DaRkNeSs
SalmanPakRocks
RoOkaYya G
shoaib672002
Lola_sweet
Suchal Riaz
daredevil
ZaqZainab
Haya Ahmed
princeali97
sitooon
Karim Nabil

I am busted, can't think of other names :/

Reaction score
1. By national board, do you mean CBSE or ISC?
2. If you're darn sure you want to go abroad, then continue with CIE. If not, you can change your board, but you will experience some problems during the transition.
3. Where do you want to study in the future? And what do you want to study?
4. Even if you shift to CBSE or ISC, you shouldn't have a problem going abroad, nor will it affect your performance in foreign exams like the SAT, UKCAT, BMAT, etc.

Chill out bro, there's a solution to everything :p

Reaction score
u disnot tag me
Hi guys,

I am Vishal from India. I am gonna get low grades in my As exams due to some problems.
I will list my probs below and I hope to get answers briefly but covering all knowledge I need.

• I have to live in India, so is it better to shift from CIE to National Board or should I continue in CIE itself coz, I heard that CIEs are only for abroad thing, so I am gonna waste my year. So coming to question, should I change it or not ?
• If I changed it, and wanna a go for job at abroad, so will I face any difficulties ?
• Lastly, my personal view is that to shift to National Board, but I need other reference too.

Thanks.

Nibz
AnGeL.Of.DaRkNeSs
SalmanPakRocks
RoOkaYya G
shoaib672002
Lola_sweet
Suchal Riaz
daredevil
ZaqZainab
Haya Ahmed
princeali97
sitooon
Karim Nabil

Reaction score
Dude to be honest i'm facing the same situation. I am from India too. My A2 results will be out this August. Unfortunately i'm taking a gap year because all the admissions are done by the end of June. And trust me when i say this...Indian Board is much much tougher than CIE and its probably because of huge competition..it will take some time to fit in Indian board. I have taken this year as a gap year so that i can prepare myself for JEE. But there's one good thing for CIE students in India...we can apply to the best colleges with 3/4 A level with A or B grade and 5 O level grade. Go to CIE website and search for the "cambridge-recognition-brochure". Its written there that we can get admitted to even IIT's and AIIM'S. But the thing is we need to study a lot and memorize lot of shit (they wont provide data booklet or calculator in exam) and this takes time to get used to. Btw what do you want to pursue? and which city are you from??

Last edited:
Reaction score
Dude to be honest i'm facing the same situation. I am from India too. My A2 results will be out this August. Unfortunately i'm taking a gap year because all the admissions are done by the end of June. And trust me when i say this...Indian Board is much much tougher than CIE and its probably because of huge competition..it will take some time to fit in Indian board. I have taken this year as a gap year so that i can prepare myself for JEE. But there's one good thing for CIE students in India...we can apply to the best colleges with 3/4 A level with A or B grade and 5 O level grade. Go to CIE website and search for the "cambridge-recognition-brochure". Its written there that we can get admitted to even IIT's and AIIM'S. But the thing is we need to study a lot and memorize lot of shit (they wont provide data booklet or calculator in exam) and this takes time to get used to. Btw what do you want to pursue? and which city are you from??
bro you know what.! I have wasted my As level in this shit like for preparing for AIPMT! and i hate this Indian education system..
about 92% is given oppourtunity to Gujarat Board students than 7.something to National Board and 0.7% only for other boards like CIE OCR Edexcel :( This is totally unfair :(

Reaction score
Which state bro?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thanks.

Nibz
AnGeL.Of.DaRkNeSs
SalmanPakRocks
RoOkaYya G
shoaib672002
Lola_sweet
Suchal Riaz
daredevil
ZaqZainab
Haya Ahmed
princeali97
sitooon
Karim Nabil

What AS Levels have you given so far?

Reaction score
Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Computing (9691), English (9093)
Indian boards and CIE are two completely separate systems, you'll face even greater difficulties switching from CIE. Reappear in Biology and Chemistry in the upcoming session, and don't take Computing and English to A2. Continue Physics but don't reappear in it.