• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

My thoughts with P1 Physics Questions, yours?

Reaction score
Ok here's what I've been thinking since yesterday:

I must add that while those questions are indeed difficult, they are closer to what the university or college might expect to understand if you're to go to Engineering or Physics. It's not about plug and chug simply but about understanding the concept, and getting the insight to apply it to different situation. However, having said that I must also say that it's bit too much for them to completely change the question style in one examination session. (Not a year, one session!) And to put it in paper with the shortest time duration. (60 minutes)

Those questions are what I think that should appear in P2 or P4 because they require greater thoughts. Certainly I think you guys can solve most of those questions given enough time and hint, which should be provided in both P2 or P4. The level of questions between P1 and P2-P4 now are just completely unbalanced with P1 being actually the one with most challenging questions. P2 are instead reduced into drawing graphs and writing definitions... P4? The usual application questions of op-amp and others are reduced also.

If they want us to appreciate the Physics inside the questions more, it would not be sensible to put it in P1 where people would want to finish the paper as soon as possible with the shortest possible mean and method. The majority of us won't have enough time to completely understand the question given the short time limit. Moreover, there are those who have only taken AS Physics, and this type of questions as far as I can see are not suitable for AS level.

In the end I hope if you're interested in Physics this won't discourage you to continue further study and let's just pray for the best.

Reaction score
Hey, I am expecting 32-34 in that paper. Here is my thought on the paper- "The examiner who made this paper does not have common sense! Even an idiot will understand that this paper is way too lengthy!"