• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

My Vacations 2013 (june/july) plan.Any suggestions?

Is one year enough to prepare for Eng, Bio, Phy , Chem and Maths?

• Yes A* is possible

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's hard but not impossible

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hey guys.I want to ace 5 CIE subjects which are due 2014.I want to start early so I've decided to study them coming vacations.I know it's too early to think of it but since I am to busy for isl, urdu and pst , and giving really less time to study the major subjs - I feel it's neceassary to pre-plan.
Here's my plan.How's it?Do I need to work more?

Holidays Planning: (First Overview)

Chemistry: 25 Chapters. 26 days min and max 30 days.
Physics: 25 chapters’ 30days min and max 39days.
Biology: 22 chapters, 22 days and done.

Math’s: 39 topics … My job: Practice Paper 1 complete + Book 4 + addendum i.e fuckn graphs. All vacations…zzz…

Reaction score
Hey guys.I want to ace 5 CIE subjects which are due 2014.I want to start early so I've decided to study them coming vacations.I know it's too early to think of it but since I am to busy for isl, urdu and pst , and giving really less time to study the major subjs - I feel it's neceassary to pre-plan.

Math’s: 39 topics … My job: Practice Paper 1 complete + Book 4 + addendum i.e fuckn graphs. All vacations…zzz…
this is exactly wat i thought as I am also takin Isl, pak stds n urdu this year followed by other subjects in 2014 but when i disclosed this plan to my chemistry teacher she strictly told me not to do this. Accordin to her I won't be able to bulid up my concepts if I don't pay attention rit nw n can't grasp it later + the plan u made, atleast for me it's not possible as I'm very cool and calm :p Well u noe urself much better than anyone else so go ahead if u think u can actually do it ! Gud luck :D

Reaction score
this is exactly wat i thought as I am also takin Isl, pak stds n urdu this year followed by other subjects in 2014 but when i disclosed this plan to my chemistry teacher she strictly told me not to do this. Accordin to her I won't be able to bulid up my concepts if I don't pay attention rit nw n can't grasp it later + the plan u made, atleast for me it's not possible as I'm very cool and calm :p Well u noe urself much better than anyone else so go ahead if u think u can actually do it ! Gud luck :D
My teachers say the exact same! But I won't listen to them.I mean comn! We can't concentrate on all subjects at one time.Atleast, I can't. :) Let's see what happens

Reaction score

From my experience you will forget most of the stuff and you'll be frustrated. So your best shot is to spend half the amount for each of the above on past paper practice. Do 1990 to 2004 for the vacations. This is the best way to retain what you learn. If you take english read loads of novels and forget about english study guides

Reaction score

i like ur idea as it is really wise to pre-prepare for upcoming events. I also did something like that i am just chilling at the moment in my high school where all my fellows are confused and afraid for the upcoming school mocks and cie exams. if u successfully complete ur plan, u can easily enjoy in the classes in schools, even the most boring and vague lecture.
However, make sure u dont spoil ur vacations by spending them in studying, u should give more time to other healthy activities in vacations than study. so assure that ur study plan is well-balanced and can enjoy the activities which u could never enjoy in the normal days. so go for it, but take necessary measures to be successful. BEST OF LUCK :)

Reaction score
You mean I should start doing past-papers before I understand the material? This plan is for june/july.If you see on the top of the plan I wrote 'Over-view' which suggests that I was just going to randomly go through the text , try to memorize the maximum I could.Later, after vacations ended, I was to follow a similar plan as you have shared.Thoroughly studying the text and practicing numerical s by the end of September.
From my experience you will forget most of the stuff and you'll be frustrated. So your best shot is to spend half the amount for each of the above on past paper practice. Do 1990 to 2004 for the vacations. This is the best way to retain what you learn. If you take english read loads of novels and forget about english study guides

Reaction score
I meant that you should spend half of the time on reading the books and then immediately do classifieds/topicals of the chapter .
Anyways best of luck. The most important thing is that you need to follow the above said plan . I too decided to do the same as you mentioned above back in O levels. Unfortunately I wasted june and july and when I began to study I got ill. I only had a month and a half for the oct/nov exams in the end. Still they went awesome.

Reaction score
I meant that you should spend half of the time on reading the books and then immediately do classifieds/topicals of the chapter .
Anyways best of luck. The most important thing is that you need to follow the above said plan . I too decided to do the same as you mentioned above back in O levels. Unfortunately I wasted june and july and when I began to study I got ill. I only had a month and a half for the oct/nov exams in the end. Still they went awesome.
Lol yap, Only If I successfuly implement the plan.Or else, it's of no freakn use :D