• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

NED vs LUMS

Reaction score
Hey guys assalam-u-alaikum.
Im doing my alevels currently and am in this real predicament.
I want to do Electrical Engineering InshaAllah.
The issue is that I can't decide between LUMS and NED.
Lums ranks higher than NED that I know, but Lums is known for its Management and economics. Plus not even one engineering batch has graduated yet!!

This made me go in favor of NED, but then its a fact that LUMS has a better faulty. Plus its really really hard to get into NED after doing alevels. (the stupid quota system)

Whoever I have asked confuses me further. Its happened many times, Ive decided on something and then someone says something and i get more confused. Please let me know your opinion and also consider the fact about jobs. I dont know whether any recruitment officer would consider a LUMS grad or NED grad. NED has been around for longer and obviously has more experience, etc.

Plus, LUMS admissions are over months before NED even starts its. So I have to decide...

Thanks. :)

Reaction score
Walikumasalam
NED is full of politics. My cousin studies there, that's what he said. Go for NUST or GIKI if you want to pursue engineering.

Reaction score
Hey guys assalam-u-alaikum.
Im doing my alevels currently and am in this real predicament.
I want to do Electrical Engineering InshaAllah.
The issue is that I can't decide between LUMS and NED.
Lums ranks higher than NED that I know, but Lums is known for its Management and economics. Plus not even one engineering batch has graduated yet!!

This made me go in favor of NED, but then its a fact that LUMS has a better faulty. Plus its really really hard to get into NED after doing alevels. (the stupid quota system)

Whoever I have asked confuses me further. Its happened many times, Ive decided on something and then someone says something and i get more confused. Please let me know your opinion and also consider the fact about jobs. I dont know whether any recruitment officer would consider a LUMS grad or NED grad. NED has been around for longer and obviously has more experience, etc.

Plus, LUMS admissions are over months before NED even starts its. So I have to decide...

Thanks. :)

Go for NUST, GIK, UET or NED but do not go for LUMS if u wanna pursue engineering