• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

need a help for physics....!

Reaction score
Q9: you can do this question if you have an idea of Simple Harmonic Motion !

when the mass is at its lowest point or back to the mean position, displacement is minimum while velocity is maximum... Velocity is maximum at B and D, but since they ask for the lowest point, answer is D !

Q24: Half the means that the graph is either A or B , but intensity is directly proportional to (amplitude)^2 ... so the amplitude won't double but would be 1.4a ...

Q26: In a standing wave, vibrations occur at all points b/w the nodes and the vibrations are in phase...

Q34: Draw a circuit diagram for better understanding! use potential divider rule to find voltage across heater...

V = {3 / (3+1) } x 12 = 9V
P = V^2 / R = 9^2 / 3 = 27W !

Hope u get that :)

Reaction score
dat was quick!!! and thzx alott!

but i dun understand Q24, i no it's either A or B but since intensity is proportional to (amplitude^2) and ( frequency^2)

so shoudlnt the answer be A???? becuz it has double intensity, and half frequency,

2 I(intensity) = A^0.5 * F^0.5
2 = A^0.5 * (0.5F)^0.5
A^0.5 = 4 so... amplitude is 2....?

Reaction score
Let's take it this way...
since intensity is proportional to (amplitude^2) ...

I / a^2 = I /a^2
I/a^2 = 2I / x^2 ....... ( x is the new amplitude )
solve it...
x = 1.4a
if we assume "a" to be 1 unit... then 1.4 x 1 = 1.4 units... and that is exactly seen in graph B !

Reaction score
gravitaional ques prob!!

Q1,find the speed of the satellite which orbitz the moon near the moon's curface?
what is the kinetic energy per unit mass of the satellite?
(radius of moon: 1.74*10^6,mass of moon: 7.35*10^22)

Q2,astronomical observationz show the centre of mass of the earth-moon system is 4.7*10^6 m frm the centre of the earth.the distance b/w the centre of the earth n the moon is 384.4*10^6 m.find the mass of the moon M in terms of the mass of the earth E.
explain why both earth n moon must rotate about their common centre of mass,rather than the moon abot the centre of mass of the earth.