• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

need help fast!! (pakstudies-history)

Reaction score
so i'm new here and i want some answers for the following questions quickly!

Q- Why is language important in the development of a nation? (4 marks)
Q-Explain how Urdu developed as a language up to the beginning of the twentieth century?(4 marks)
Q-Why does the Indian subcontinent have many languages? (4 marks)

Reaction score
ive no clue about what the markscheme says. My answer would be like this

-shared sense of identity and culture. Helps foster unity (one of the main reason for agitation in east pakistan for a long time was the fact that Bengali was not granted an official language status for a long time)

-helps in trade (you dont really got to your shopkeeper and speak in english. Most importantly rural-urban trade needs a common medium of communication)

-helps in sharing and development of ideas. All your big educational conferences take place in english or urdu. There are many people from Khyber-pakhtunkhwa who dont have much command over urdu. So it to would be diificult to communicate with them)

-urdu newspapers give you a common perspective. You could be sitting in Balochistan and reading about news and views from Karachi and Lahore. Regional newspapers in Punjabi/Sindhi only give the viewpoint in opinion columns from people who are SIndhis or Punjabis. For example when we talk about constructing Kalabagh dam it is necessary to cconsider the opinions of KPK, Sindh, Balochistan and Punjab.)

so although the dam would store a lot of water for irrgiation, it will increase salinisation of land in southern sindh making it impossible to farm and will flood parts of KPK.)

i hope that helps?

Reaction score
Thank you for giving it some of your time. It helped solve a bit of my problem. :giggle: