• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Need help in grade threshold for IGCSE ICT practical

Reaction score
I checked the recent grade threshold for igcse ict practical where 69/80 and 66/80 would get u an A grade in each component.So the total comes upto 135/160.
The question is if i get 60/80 and 75/80, would it give me an A? as the total again comes to 135/160
I also want to know how A* grade is determined in ICT practical as there are 2 components? :?: :roll:
I'm very nervous please help me !!!!

Thank You

Reaction score
I'm no expert on this, but I believe your overall grade takes account your performance on all your papers. So if you score above an A in one paper but below an A in another, there is still a chance you'll end up with an A overall. With the values you gave, I would assume you would get an A.

As for an A*, the method that CIE uses for calculating these is shrouded in secrecy. The only official comment I believe is the note in all the grade threshold documents, "A* does not exist at the level of an individual component."

Reaction score
so there is no A* for the practical even though there are 2 components? and will they also count the theory marks to give an overall grade of A*?
In the report card will they right ICT Practical A grade and ICT theory A grade so overall is A* or directly they write ICT and A*?

Btw thanks for your previous reply :D

Reaction score
The IGCSE isn't really divided two sections of theory and practical, all of the three papers are treated as different components oft the ICT subject. That means that they take into account your performance in all three papers when deciding your grade. There isn't a separate grade for theory and practical, only a combined ICT grade. They don't even tell you your performance in the individual papers, which is a bit strange to me.

No problem! Glad I helped :D

Reaction score
does it mean they give an A* grade combining marks of both theory and practical papers????
Btw are u studying IGCSE or A levels??
And I have heard that getting A grade in both theory and practical would get u an A*(A+A=A*) in Total.
Is that Real?? :?: :roll:

Reaction score
Yup that's exactly what it means, your grade is determined by combining your performance in all 3 papers.
I'm studying IGCSE at the moment, I just finished with the practical exams this week.
I don't really have a way of knowing if that statement is 100% correct, but my History teacher has said something similar before. It sounds plausible, but it might also depend on how high the A's you have scored are.