• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Need help with Chem CIE Paper 3! How to calculate if two exp. results are consistent?

Reaction score
Need help with Chem CIE Paper 3! How to calculate if two exp. results are consistent?

c(ii)

Reaction score
sorry for late upload of question
I uploaded it via attachments, but it seems that my files didn't pop out.

tMECw.jpg
XDXCW.jpg

Reaction score
hey there! i remember our teacher telling us to cross multiply and see if the answer you get for that corresponds to the value obtained from the experiment. Your answer for this question totally depends on your experiment and whether you've done that correctly. I think its kind of like a self evaluation thing that you get marks for as long as you are able to justify your answer.

Reaction score
hey there! i remember our teacher telling us to cross multiply and see if the answer you get for that corresponds to the value obtained from the experiment. Your answer for this question totally depends on your experiment and whether you've done that correctly. I think its kind of like a self evaluation thing that you get marks for as long as you are able to justify your answer.
Erm how you mean cross multiply?

Thanks for the compliment. I normally wont write so tidy tho

Reaction score
Erm how you mean cross multiply?

Thanks for the compliment. I normally wont write so tidy tho

When you use 2.27g for FA5 then you lose 0.35g of water; then when you use 1.85g, you would expect (1.85 x 0.35) / 2.27 = 0.285g of mass loss. this value is consistent with what you have got from experiment - 0.29g. So the results from your experiments are consistent with each other. you would score a mark for the calculation and another for your conclusion.