• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Need help with my grades

Reaction score
is resitting much more easier? i had seniors telling me that resit papers are much more easier than the previous as paper. does that mean all three papers i have to retake in one subject?
not always easy it depends !!! yep all 3

Reaction score
Taking Business Stds. AS+A2, Economics AS+A2, English Language AS+A2, Accounting AS, Maths AS in M/J :p

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just got my AS results few days ago... I took Physics, Bio, chem and maths and I gotten a really bad results which are C, C, D, and E (respectively)... I know it's my own fault, for I had been really last minute and lazy, i did not practice hard enough and was abit slow upon finishing the questions

Now I feel really depressed and I dunno what to do, I still havent gotten the courage to tell my parent about it, I know the best option is to retake, but it cost 400 per subject in my country, which is quite expensive for my parent. (although it's still affordable for them, i feel ashamed about the fact I wasted their money)

I just wanna ask for opinions what should i do now, should I drop out? and attempt other easier course? or should I just work really really hard in A2 to balance my results, (I just hope I can enter Uni, but is it possible since my i got an E in maths?)
sorry for the long message, i just hope someone out there who understands my struggle able to give me some advices

Reaction score
Well first you need to think what are you going to study at uni and what they ask for. I really can´t advice you much if I don´t know the course for which you are applying for. If you share this information I may me able to help you a bit. Normally it is better to take 3 A levels rather than 4. In fact many people who took 4 AS level drop 1 and continue with 3 for A2.

Reaction score
Well first you need to think what are you going to study at uni and what they ask for. I really can´t advice you much if I don´t know the course for which you are applying for. If you share this information I may me able to help you a bit. Normally it is better to take 3 A levels rather than 4. In fact many people who took 4 AS level drop 1 and continue with 3 for A2.

I wanted to drop maths or Chemi, but many lecturers adviced me not to do so as these two subjects are essential, normally C are minimum requirement isnt it ? I'm just wondering is it very difficult to balance back the results in A2, Thanks! I plan to go for Biotech or engineering though~ (any fields that requires strong chemistry knowledge are out from my choice) However, after getting this AS results, I plan to go to buisness during uni (giving up sciences)
I know i am a person with no direction....

Reaction score
Well, if you are going to do sciences at uni maths and chem are normally a must. I don´t know much about business but I think chemistry is not required, although maths might help. Look at some unis and the entry requirements. There is no need to study a hard subject if you dont like it/ find it difficult and even more if its not a requirement for your chosen course and uni. Firstly I would suggest what motivates you to study and from that what you would like to do in the future. Chem, maths and phys are normally quite demanding and biology usually relies on a lot of recall work. If you continue with these subjects for A2 you will fall behind if you don´t have AS knowledge, especially on Chemistry and maths.

Reaction score
Well, if you are going to do sciences at uni maths and chem are normally a must. I don´t know much about business but I think chemistry is not required, although maths might help. Look at some unis and the entry requirements. There is no need to study a hard subject if you dont like it/ find it difficult and even more if its not a requirement for your chosen course and uni. Firstly I would suggest what motivates you to study and from that what you would like to do in the future. Chem, maths and phys are normally quite demanding and biology usually relies on a lot of recall work. If you continue with these subjects for A2 you will fall behind if you don´t have AS knowledge, especially on Chemistry and maths.

Maybe I should just retake my chem and maths then ? Thanks for the advices

Reaction score
Well you said "any fields that requires strong chemistry knowledge are out from my choice". However if you are going to study science then i would definitely encourage you to retake your chemistry and maths. Plus, chemistry is a beautiful subject... if you get to understand it.

Reaction score
guyzz i have taken physics, maths, chemistry, and AICT
and my marks are Physics-87(a^) , Chemistry-82(a^) , Maths-96(a^) and AICT-84(a^)
shoould i go for resitting becoz i want A* in all 4
plzzz suggest me
lol you did great dude. Don't resit that would be stupid continue with your A2 and work hard i'm sure you can get A* :)(y)

Reaction score
is resitting much more easier? i had seniors telling me that resit papers are much more easier than the previous as paper. does that mean all three papers i have to retake in one subject?
ummm... i'm not sure of it being easy but since you have done it before and doing it again i guess it would be. And yea you need to sit for all 3 papers for one subject

Reaction score
Hi Guys, So i want to know what il get as a total grade if my Asl Business Studies mark was D and my A2 business studies mark was a D as well. Please let me know as one of my friend said that it would be a C, but just wanted to make sure from people who have a better knowledge about this

Kind Regards