• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Need information regarding A Levels Edexcel.

Reaction score
AOA, i recently finished my IGCSE (Cambridge) exams and passed.Now im looking forward to taking Edexcel A levels in Bio Chem and Phy. I noticed that there are units.I dont know what are they??!! And how many ive to take etc.Please guide me through this and also tell me how many units ill have to take in AS and A2.TY :D

Reaction score
There are 6 units for each subject (Chem, Bio and Phy) You study the first 3 in AS and the next 3 in A2 year. There will be a practical paper in each year. You should study all the units for each subject you are taking because all of them are linked in some way or the other. Without the knowledge of previous unit, it would be very difficult to proceed. And edexcel gives the final grade for these units at the end of A2. And there is a selected percentage which they take from AS for the overall grade at the end of the 2 years. Hope that helps!

Reaction score
There are 6 units for each subject (Chem, Bio and Phy) You study the first 3 in AS and the next 3 in A2 year. There will be a practical paper in each year. You should study all the units for each subject you are taking because all of them are linked in some way or the other. Without the knowledge of previous unit, it would be very difficult to proceed. And edexcel gives the final grade for these units at the end of A2. And there is a selected percentage which they take from AS for the overall grade at the end of the 2 years. Hope that helps!
Thank You soo much! There's one more thing, which papers will I have to attempt?Paper 1,2 and 3 or what?Like in IGCSE it was 1,3 and 6.

Reaction score
Thank You soo much! There's one more thing, which papers will I have to attempt?Paper 1,2 and 3 or what?Like in IGCSE it was 1,3 and 6.
You are welcome :) It's like in the first year, you have to do first 3 units. Like for instance, in Chemistry, you have to do Unit 1 (6CH01), unit 2 (6CH02) and unit 3B (6CH07). Same goes in the 2nd year (A2). I didn't do IGCSE so don't know how units are chosen. But in edexcel syllabus, you should do all of the 6 units in the 2 years...