• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Need some help/suggestion :)

Reaction score
Hello all my fellow xtremepaper's members! :D hope all of are doing well....I'm a new member from Dhaka,Bangladesh..My sole purpose for opening up this thread is to gather some suggestions/infos,from y'all people..

Well, No.1__ I've got my GCE O levels exam coming up this october..Im sitting for Chem,Math D & English language..Previously I had sat for bio,Phy and bengali..got 2 B's and one C :( was really disappointed but hey I got what I deserved as I did not study hard & took the exams lightly thus got served but Im damn serious now & prepared for A* in sha Allah this time :).. Now After completing my O's there is A level and I've confirmed to do my higher studies in USA,as I'm a citizen of the states..so now my question lies in whether I need to complete my A's in order to sit for SAT or will I just do SAT after Im done with O's.. what is & not necessary for me please tell ... yeah that's about it,so please fill me in guys about what steps to take for the betterment of my future..note pls- I want to get admitted to a well reputed university for studying medical as my ambition is to become a doctor..

I will be eagerly waiting for some answers from you kind people..Thank!! Cheers!!

Reaction score
Hello all my fellow xtremepaper's members! :D hope all of are doing well....I'm a new member from Dhaka,Bangladesh..My sole purpose for opening up this thread is to gather some suggestions/infos,from y'all people..

Well, No.1__ I've got my GCE O levels exam coming up this october..Im sitting for Chem,Math D & English language..Previously I had sat for bio,Phy and bengali..got 2 B's and one C :( was really disappointed but hey I got what I deserved as I did not study hard & took the exams lightly thus got served but Im damn serious now & prepared for A* in sha Allah this time :).. Now After completing my O's there is A level and I've confirmed to do my higher studies in USA,as I'm a citizen of the states..so now my question lies in whether I need to complete my A's in order to sit for SAT or will I just do SAT after Im done with O's.. what is & not necessary for me please tell ... yeah that's about it,so please fill me in guys about what steps to take for the betterment of my future..note pls- I want to get admitted to a well reputed university for studying medical as my ambition is to become a doctor..

I will be eagerly waiting for some answers from you kind people..Thank!! Cheers!!
Well after doing O-levels, do your A-levels like normal (I recommend going to some nice college) and give SAT I in January of your first year. Then give it again in October in your 2nd year. The reason I'm suggesting you to give it twice is because most people don't do too well on their first attempt.. and I kind of regret not giving it back then. If the university you want to go to requires SAT II, then you'll need to prepare for that as well. Give SAT II in something like November or December of your 2nd year of A level.

Reaction score
Well after doing O-levels, do your A-levels like normal (I recommend going to some nice college) and give SAT I in January of your first year. Then give it again in October in your 2nd year. The reason I'm suggesting you to give it twice is because most people don't do too well on their first attempt.. and I kind of regret not giving it back then. If the university you want to go to requires SAT II, then you'll need to prepare for that as well. Give SAT II in something like November or December of your 2nd year of A level.

So brother you're saying that I should give the First SAT sitting with AS and the second SAT II sitting with A2 in June/2013 and June 2014 respectively...
Well I'm not too sure whether to give my first SAT sitting with AS as I'll be put under a lot of pressure...Im giving my second O level sitting now,exams will end in like the first week of November then I'll catch up with my AS studies which have to decide whether to give in June or Octo...what do think,should I do SAT I with AS on octo? as It'll be better for me...Or should I give the AS on june ,& SAT I on octo and then will sit for SATII w/ A2 in june/2014.........and what kind of achievements do I need in order to enroll in colleges live MIT/Yale/Princeton? :/ :/

Please help me out bro...really confused out here :/ :/ :'(

Reaction score
So brother you're saying that I should give the First SAT sitting with AS and the second SAT II sitting with A2 in June/2013 and June 2014 respectively...
Well I'm not too sure whether to give my first SAT sitting with AS as I'll be put under a lot of pressure...Im giving my second O level sitting now,exams will end in like the first week of November then I'll catch up with my AS studies which have to decide whether to give in June or Octo...what do think,should I do SAT I with AS on octo? as It'll be better for me...Or should I give the AS on june ,& SAT I on octo and then will sit for SATII w/ A2 in june/2014.........and what kind of achievements do I need in order to enroll in colleges live MIT/Yale/Princeton? :/ :/

Please help me out bro...really confused out here :/ :/ :'(
..it won't be a burden on you. It shouldn't be at least. That's why I suggested you to take the first SAT I in January. You're usually done with mid-terms by December and don't have CIEs until May/June. That's a big gap. If you start studying "casually" from after your O-levels end till December, and then pick up the pace after that, you should have enough practice. If you still feel you can't take it in January, then you could always just give one SAT, in the October/November session of your 2nd year. Again, it won't be a burden. And by the way, I recommend giving all of your AS and A2 subjects in May/June. You don't need to waste October giving papers in A-level in my opinion, especially if you're only taking 3 or 4 subjects.

Giving SAT II with A2 examinations in June is a bad idea. The university deadlines will pass by then, and you'll have difficulty keeping up with both the exams and SAT II. Give it in November or December of your 2nd year. You won't be under a lot of pressure. Most of the things you'll do in your A2 will come in the SAT II as well so that helps.

Good luck going to MIT/Yale/etc. though. I'm not sure how much importance they give to O-levels, but you need to have very good A level results and very good SAT scores. You should also focus on community service, extra-curriculars and all of that too. If you work hard, you'll get into a prestigious university IA. :)

I just noticed I get mixed up a lot between using the words 'taking' and 'giving'. :p Irrelevant, but just thought I'd mention that haha.

Reaction score
..it won't be a burden on you. It shouldn't be at least. That's why I suggested you to take the first SAT I in January. You're usually done with mid-terms by December and don't have CIEs until May/June. That's a big gap. If you start studying "casually" from after your O-levels end till December, and then pick up the pace after that, you should have enough practice. If you still feel you can't take it in January, then you could always just give one SAT, in the October/November session of your 2nd year. Again, it won't be a burden. And by the way, I recommend giving all of your AS and A2 subjects in May/June. You don't need to waste October giving papers in A-level in my opinion, especially if you're only taking 3 or 4 subjects.

Giving SAT II with A2 examinations in June is a bad idea. The university deadlines will pass by then, and you'll have difficulty keeping up with both the exams and SAT II. Give it in November or December of your 2nd year. You won't be under a lot of pressure. Most of the things you'll do in your A2 will come in the SAT II as well so that helps.

Good luck going to MIT/Yale/etc. though. I'm not sure how much importance they give to O-levels, but you need to have very good A level results and very good SAT scores. You should also focus on community service, extra-curriculars and all of that too. If you work hard, you'll get into a prestigious university IA. :)

I just noticed I get mixed up a lot between using the words 'taking' and 'giving'. :p Irrelevant, but just thought I'd mention that haha.

Oh lord,I forgot to mention something...I dropped out of school actually and am studying privately via coachings and tutor...I'll be done with my O's withing a month or 2 then gonna start preparing for the A's so I think bro its fairly impossible for me to sit for SAT I on next year's Jan :/ Im not that much of a brilliant student you know bro :p but I try ....and I see you're suggesting me to give both AS and A2 on my second year together..is that really a good idea? So overall
the conclusion comes to giving my SAT I in january like after 2 months :/ ,then giving my AS and A2 together on my second year's may,rather than splitting up both the syllabus...So this two years Im gonna have to study like crazy x| :mad:..And after giving my AS& A2 together in May ,I'm gonna have to sit for SAT II in the upcoming october as I'll benefit from the A2 study...things are okay except I'm having my doubts on SAT I which I'll have to give after like 2 months and not to mention I have basically no knowledge about it.. damn my life :p >_<

Reaction score
Oh lord,I forgot to mention something...I dropped out of school actually and am studying privately via coachings and tutor...I'll be done with my O's withing a month or 2 then gonna start preparing for the A's so I think bro its fairly impossible for me to sit for SAT I on next year's Jan :/ Im not that much of a brilliant student you know bro :p but I try ....and I see you're suggesting me to give both AS and A2 on my second year together..is that really a good idea? So overall
the conclusion comes to giving my SAT I in january like after 2 months :/ ,then giving my AS and A2 together on my second year's may,rather than splitting up both the syllabus...So this two years Im gonna have to study like crazy x| :mad:..And after giving my AS& A2 together in May ,I'm gonna have to sit for SAT II in the upcoming october as I'll benefit from the A2 study...things are okay except I'm having my doubts on SAT I which I'll have to give after like 2 months and not to mention I have basically no knowledge about it.. damn my life :p >_<
No I meant give your AS in the first year and A2 in your second year like normal. But if you don't think you can give the SAT in January, you can give it in May, June or October as well. Whatever you feel comfortable with. SAT II is something I'll strongly recommend for November. You cover for more of the A2 course by then.

Yes, college is tough. :p

Reaction score
No I meant give your AS in the first year and A2 in your second year like normal. But if you don't think you can give the SAT in January, you can give it in May, June or October as well. Whatever you feel comfortable with. SAT II is something I'll strongly recommend for November. You cover for more of the A2 course by then.

Yes, college is tough. :p

Thank You so much for all your help brother,things are much clearer to me now! ;P
may Allah bless you :) and pls pray for me :3
And I've decided SAT I next June 2013,then AS in octo 2013...then A2 in june 2014 and finally SAT2 in November 2014...
btw actually how tough is the SAT I...can it be covered within two months ? :p I heard that the maths are like the ones done back in the 8-9th grade :p

Reaction score
Thank You so much for all your help brother,things are much clearer to me now! ;P
may Allah bless you :) and pls pray for me :3
And I've decided SAT I next June 2013,then AS in octo 2013...then A2 in june 2014 and finally SAT2 in November 2014...
btw actually how tough is the SAT I...can it be covered within two months ? :p I heard that the maths are like the ones done back in the 8-9th grade :p
Sure. Will pray for you. :) And the hardest part of the SAT I is probably the critical reading section.. your vocabulary has to be reallygood for that. And yes, the Math section questions are like the ones you do in class 4 to class 10. :p

Give yourself like 3 months to prepare. And from right now onwards, improve your vocabulary, even if it means 3 or 4 words a day. It will help greatly.

Reaction score
i would suggest you to check out the university's requirements! because i dont really think igcse n alevel matter much in usa...they look out for SAT more