• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Need Subject Help & Advice

Reaction score
AoA, I need some serious advice. I just finished my O Levels and now i m in A levels...In O levels i had computer studies...but now in A levels i m thinking of dropping computer studies and going for bio..i just wanted to know that is it possible to do that and will i face any difficulty like applying for university or something like that when i am done with A level!

Thanks.

Reaction score
AoA, I need some serious advice. I just finished my O Levels and now i m in A levels...In O levels i had computer studies...but now in A levels i m thinking of dropping computer studies and going for bio..i just wanted to know that is it possible to do that and will i face any difficulty like applying for university or something like that when i am done with A level!

Thanks.

What you do in your O-Levels doesn't solely influence what you do later on in life and therefore there are several other factors universities consider when reviewing applicants. Your A-Level grades are more important, so say if you get an A* for example in your Bio exams in A-Levels, there's a high chance of them accepting you even if you didn't do it in O-Levels, because the A-Level qualification is of a greater standard and is a more serious proving grounds than the O-Levels. You might find it a bit hard if you never did any sort of bio before in your life, but with 2 years you'll definitely get good at it with lots of studying and practice. By the way, biology is considered by many as the easiest of the 3 major sciences too so it shouldn't be as much a problem as you switching for Chemistry or Physics for example. And it's possible to drop any subject in O-Levels I believe and choose any subject you'd like in your A-Levels course. Hope any of that helps.

Reaction score
Thank You so much really appreciated...i m going for bio now...hope it goes well.