• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

new comer to AS-level... need explination

Reaction score
hey ! im just freaked out about AS-LEVEL i heard scary rumors like, its 500,000 times harder! please, can someone explain what it is... thank you

Reaction score
course not sister, i am still an o leveler but its not like that at all, it just a new level and you work a tee wee bit harder obviously
hopefully that helped :)

Reaction score
I just went on my first day back to school today starting AS and the subject that intimidated me the most was Physics more than anything else.. I think it's the only one which might take some getting used to, but the rest are similar to IGCSEs in my experience. English literature also bugged me a bit but I don't think it'll really be a problem since I'm great at that subject, but not really so much for Physics..

Reaction score
Ok, first thing, don't listen to these kind of people. They are the same people who told you in grade 5 that grade 6 is a lot harder. Than in grade 8 they told you this is nothing O levels is too hard. In A levels they are gonna tell you, A level is easy, get to bachelors to see the real deal. At bachelors they will tell you bachelors is just a basic get to grad school to see the real deal.

So, it's like that. It's a system made by humans for humans and with the assumption that anyone can ace it with a specific amount of hard work. AS level is different from O levels in the sense that you have shorter time, you need to increase your reading speed, you need to revise daily, learn to be specific rather than do every single thing from every single book out there.