• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

New to Edexcel, help please?

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I did my IGCSEs through CIE, and started on my A Levels with them too, but due to centers not accepting private candidate for Bio, Chem, & Phy where I live anymore, I had to switch to Edexcel for these three subjects.

I read the specification PDFs for the IALs, but there's one thing I still can't figure out. They say that for AS you have to do Units 1, 2, & 3, but there was also separate codes for each unit. So what I'm trying to understand is, can I enter for say Units 1 & 2 in June, and do the other 4 remaining units for the A Level qualification in January? Or is it like with CIE, all 3 AS units in one session?

Also, how do you find the exam timetable? Because I'm also doing AS Math & Eng Lit through CIE, and I don't want to have clashes.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Reaction score
Hi.

I am also new to IAL. :ROFLMAO:

I heard that we can do any unit or units we want in jnuary or june and do the rest on next year. For example, if I am doing biology unit 1 and unit 2 in this year may-june session, I can do the rest next year January or may-june exam. :ROFLMAO:

Well, if you are joining via British council as a private candidate, you better ask them. I am sure they can help you out. :D

They released this year may-june 2014 timetable. I am sorry I couldn't find the actual link in edexcel site. Here is copy of timetable which I downloaded few days back. :LOL:

Attachments

• 7096 June 2014 IAL Timetable_WEB_Final d.pdf
    115.7 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
Does this also consider the As level? For example, can I take unit 1 and unit 2 this session and take unit 3 the next session?