• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Newcomer for 'A' Level

Reaction score
I will start to take A Level next January and decided to take: General Paper, Mathematics, Accounting and Economies. I am about to take an extra subject and that is Psychology as a private candidate. Yet, my questions are, is it worth to take Psychology, assuming that I'm study non-extra subjects 4 hours per week each? Is it true that A Level Mathematics require O Level Add. Maths? Because I wasn't offered that subject before. Any feedbacks and advices are highly appreciated.

Reaction score
What's the point of taking psychology for accounting? subjects don't usually matter a lot if they're not related to your field of study. If I were in your place I would not even take General Paper, no University counts it as a proper subjects as far as I know, and why would you even take it? I feel like you're just trying to increase your subject count but this is not O Levels, you can't just pick psychology randomly and take it. My advice would be drop GP and just take three subjects, that's enough for almost every university I know of, there's no advantage of studying extra subjects, you'll only waste money and due to so much excess load you might even get lower grades in the main subjects. Regarding Add. Maths, I took Add. Maths in O levels but no one else in my class did and I felt like a lot of stuff was easier for me because I already had studied it but you don't need it. If I have the choice again I won't take Add. Maths again in O Levels. Lastly I made this post in university forum, check it out it's perfect for students at your place. https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/university-advice.31044/

Reaction score
I will start to take A Level next January and decided to take: General Paper, Mathematics, Accounting and Economies. I am about to take an extra subject and that is Psychology as a private candidate. Yet, my questions are, is it worth to take Psychology, assuming that I'm study non-extra subjects 4 hours per week each? Is it true that A Level Mathematics require O Level Add. Maths? Because I wasn't offered that subject before. Any feedbacks and advices are highly appreciated.
Don't even think of taking Psychology. Since you have Economics, you won't be needing to do any research for the knowledge required for General Paper since Economics will provide just enough, so you may opt General Paper (assuming you do not make grammar and punctuation mistakes and have wide and precise vocabulary).

Reaction score
my advice for a student aiming to purse a career in Accounting is that take Accounting, Business Studies, Economics and Mathematics

these 4 mainstream subjects are all you need to focus on, concentrate only on these subjects and this will insha Allah make your Accounting base strong

should you be aiming for CA or ACCA qualifications or a bachelors in Accounting and Finance, the above 4 subjects are more than enough,
A levels is different from IGCSE, one should concentrate only on main subjects.
although, if you feel like you can handle the burden of taking extra subjects, then go ahead.

May Allah help you