• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

NSTC-10|Gateway to International Science Olympiads! (Pakistanis Only)

Reaction score
If you ever wished to participate and represent your country in an international competition, this is a golden opportunity for you. A nationwide test is held in each of the four disciplines-Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics- which is followed by training camps of selected candidates. After further elimination, 4-5 students are selected for each of the 4 olympiads to be part of the team PAKISTAN. These olympiads are held in different countries around the world, and all your expenses are covered by the HEC. All you have to do is get shortlisted in the last 4 students.
Those who represent Pakistan have a huge achievement to add in their CV and bolster their chances to make it top universities around the world. Universities like HKU and NUS have specified scholarships for those who achieve medals in these Olympiads. Follow the links below to obtain more information and to register.
Let me remind you that even if you don't get shortlisted for the last 4 candidates, the training camps themselves are a lot of fun. Every subject has its own designated institution in a specific city. And getting together with some of the best intellectuals of the country in your favourite subject is an experience in itself. So make sure you atleast give it a try.
Btw, A2s are not allowed to participate.

http://olympiads.win.tue.nl/

To register visit http://win.nstc.edu.pk/nstc/registration10.asp.

The registration deadline is 21st December 2012.

Reaction score
If you ever wished to participate and represent your country in an international competition, this is a golden opportunity for you. A nationwide test is held in each of the four disciplines-Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics- which is followed by training camps of selected candidates. After further elimination, 4-5 students are selected for each of the 4 olympiads to be part of the team PAKISTAN. These olympiads are held in different countries around the world, and all your expenses are covered by the HEC. All you have to do is get shortlisted in the last 4 students.
Those who represent Pakistan have a huge achievement to add in their CV and bolster their chances to make it top universities around the world. Universities like HKU and NUS have specified scholarships for those who achieve medals in these Olympiads. Follow the links below to obtain more information and to register.
Let me remind you that even if you don't get shortlisted for the last 4 candidates, the training camps themselves are a lot of fun. Every subject has its own designated institution in a specific city. And getting together with some of the best intellectuals of the country in your favourite subject is an experience in itself. So make sure you atleast give it a try.
Btw, A2s are not allowed to participate.

http://olympiads.win.tue.nl/

To register visit http://win.nstc.edu.pk/nstc/registration10.asp.

The registration deadline is 21st December 2012.
Did you participate in this? How difficult was the test and do the questions come from matric/fsc syllabus?

Reaction score
Yes, I participated twice in Mathematics and Biology. The questions are difficult but they are do-able. There are some fsc questions but most of the test is conceptual. If your O'levels and A1 concepts are good, you won't have a problem getting shortlisted.

Reaction score
Here is the ultimate guide to NSTC and International Science Olympiads

Attachments

• NSTC-10 Presentation.pptx
    7.6 MB · Views: 120
Reaction score
Yes, I participated twice in Mathematics and Biology. The questions are difficult but they are do-able. There are some fsc questions but most of the test is conceptual. If your O'levels and A1 concepts are good, you won't have a problem getting shortlisted.
Can you guide me on how to register as an O level student?

Reaction score
I have a query.i wish to participate in biology but I,m not sure whether i should study from f.sc books or my alevel books?the sample paper provided gives an idea that the test will be most probably be based on f.sc books.

Reaction score
I want to participate in the chemistry thing in this but first i need to know its paper pattern and difficulty of those questions,so if u know the link to past papers please tell :D

Reaction score
First of all its not that difficult. You don't need to prepare anything initially for the test. But do give your Alevels books a read. Yes, the test tends to incline towards the fsc syllabus but it would be a waste of time to cover all that. The questions are mainly conceptual unlike the ones given in the sample paper so you can do them. Just attempt whatever you know. And make sure that you write a lot in the 10 marks queastions. And hopefully you'll get selected.

Reaction score
Deadline for application for the Screening Test of NSTC-10 has been extended to the 7th of January, 2013. Please continue submitting your forms. The Screening Test will now be held on the 3rd of February, 2013!

Reaction score
I am also participating....I am an Olevels student....already sent my application.

Reaction score
Did you participate in this? How difficult was the test and do the questions come from matric/fsc syllabus?
4 of my friends have qualified for the top 15 for the physics olympiad in Pakistan
You need to be pretty good and should have an overall grasp on all topics

Reaction score
how to prepapre,any papers,i have got sample papers but i have no answers so any one can help

Just your A'levels concepts. The sample paper is not a true representation of the paper. You'll find out that actual questions are quite different. Atleast, 2 years ago they were.

Reaction score
Who is going to bear the expense of training campuses in different cities?