• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

NUST AND FAST over NED ?

Reaction score
Yes. Phy, Chem, Maths is the ultimate combination for engineering or any other field of the world (except medical, u need bio for it)
and yes, NUST does allow you to opt for SE, CS, IT (they don't offer IT anymore though) with this combination.
I had Phy, Chem, Maths and Urdu (for fun and an extra A ;) )

OHk ! and wat bout comsats and fast ....... do they offer CS, SE and IT with this( phys,chem, maths) comb of subs??

Reaction score
Yup. They do...

Buddy its a humble req to clear this query once again..........

If we take (chem,phs and maths) in a levels . this means we can get in any engineering or IT field except medical?
If we take (comp,phs and maths ) in a levels , means we can get into CS or SE field only and we have to stay away frm any other engineering field???

Reaction score
Buddy its a humble req to clear this query once again..........

If we take (chem,phs and maths) in a levels . this means we can get in any engineering or IT field except medical?
If we take (comp,phs and maths ) in a levels , means we can get into CS or SE field only and we have to stay away frm any other engineering field???

Yes... Physics Maths and Chemistry is the ultimate combination for Engineering. Which also allows u to choose CS, IT, SE fields in almost all Unis of Pakistan!
Again, yes... With Physics, Maths and Computer u can get into CS, IT and SE field in almost all unis of Pakistan.
For ur peace of mind, i recommend u go through this link: http://nust.edu.pk/Admissions/Under-Graduate/Pages/Eligibility-Criteria.aspx

Reaction score
Yes... Physics Maths and Chemistry is the ultimate combination for Engineering. Which also allows u to choose CS, IT, SE fields in almost all Unis of Pakistan!
Again, yes... With Physics, Maths and Computer u can get into CS, IT and SE field in almost all unis of Pakistan.
For ur peace of mind, i recommend u go through this link: http://nust.edu.pk/Admissions/Under-Graduate/Pages/Eligibility-Criteria.aspx

Kk Get it Finally ! Thanks for ur consistent responses once again :) !

Reaction score
Jazib if a student has 2000+ score in SAT II his chances are there, with scoring about 120-30/200 in NET for civil or mechanical?

Reaction score
Jazib if a student has 2000+ score in SAT II his chances are there, with scoring about 120-30/200 in NET for civil or mechanical?

2000+ is a little vague, how much is the '+' ? please be more precise.
and it's difficult to predict just by looking at the NET score. In the end it' about aggregate. Also, merit list has been announced. What is ur merit number? That's the best measure to say anything with surely...

Reaction score
2000+ is a little vague, how much is the '+' ? please be more precise.
and it's difficult to predict just by looking at the NET score. In the end it' about aggregate. Also, merit list has been announced. What is ur merit number? That's the best measure to say anything with surely...
i mean 2100 in SAT 2

Reaction score
Jazib please breif me about the seats distribution in NUST/FAST for alevels/fsc students !

Well, there's no exact figure. Percentages are variable for example one class in NUST had 45-55 ratio for A-level to FSc (that's a big one for A level) but normally it's only 23-75 A-Level to FSC ratio. That's ok i guess seeing that total number of A level students are very less in comparison to FSc

Reaction score
Well, there's no exact figure. Percentages are variable for example one class in NUST had 45-55 ratio for A-level to FSc (that's a big one for A level) but normally it's only 23-75 A-Level to FSC ratio. That's ok i guess seeing that total number of A level students are very less in comparison to FSc

Is it more than any of the government unis of Pakistan?

Reaction score
Yes, FAST, NUST, GIKI, LUMS would definitely have the better A-Level to FSc ratio. (LUMS has the highest)

Well, these days we can also get into many unis from SAT bases. Frankly speaking , i know quite a bit about it. Is it easy to cope with SAT or to pour over Fsc course books to ace the entry test after a levels? as we get a very little time for its prepartion and we have to digest a a thick book of SAT in that lile tym............ o_O

Reaction score
Well, these days we can also get into many unis from SAT bases. Frankly speaking , i know quite a bit about it. Is it easy to cope with SAT or to pour over Fsc course books to ace the entry test after a levels? as we get a very little time for its prepartion and we have to digest a a thick book of SAT in that lile tym............ o_O

SAT is way easy as compared to acing that entry test. I strongly recommend u go for SAT. Ideal time for it is around January, February in ur A2.
Unless u get 2350+ marks in SAT, u should then start preparing for entry tests. Yes, the time is less, but it can be done!

Reaction score
SAT is way easy as compared to acing that entry test. I strongly recommend u go for SAT. Ideal time for it is around January, February in ur A2.
Unless u get 2350+ marks in SAT, u should then start preparing for entry tests. Yes, the time is less, but it can be done!

Bro i merely got ur point !.... First , do we hav to clear SAT and then we have to prepare for entry test? why it is better to go through SAT before starting ET preparation ? how does it effects our entry test?

Reaction score
Bro i merely got ur point !.... First , do we hav to clear SAT and then we have to prepare for entry test? why it is better to go through SAT before starting ET preparation ? how does it effects our entry test?
well when you give your entry test you will have registered for admission so you wil have needed to have with you your Sat result for it to be considered

Reaction score

I meant, take ur SAT. and if u don't do too good in it, then u prepare for NET.