• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

NUST for A-lvlz

Reaction score
I am in A2 and want to go to NUST for engineering for 2014 class
I wanted to know what is SAT2 score required to have a good chance in getting in NUST's electrical/mechanical engineering department
plus, as it doesnt guarantee admission, how and when do alvl students prepare for the entry test as i heard its totally FSc based
Kindly share your the information u ppl have regarding these queries

Reaction score
I wanted to know what is SAT2 score required to have a good chance in getting in NUST's electrical/mechanical engineering department
plus, as it doesnt guarantee admission, how and when do alvl students prepare for the entry test as i heard its totally FSc based
well it's simple
you don't go to NUST
butsy gutsy :p

Reaction score
you should have really good score to get admission on SAT basis..
the test is from fsc but mostly general concepts are tested..
if you are giving nust test, you must get really good merit..

Reaction score
SAT 2 score of 2300+ is needed for almost confirm admission to EE/ME
Study A level very well, build strong concepts and apply your knowledge out of the course, then after the A level exams, pick up Fsc books, go through the table of contents and encircle topics you dont know.
USe google to study those topics....

P.S. Make a practise of learning formulas and useful data by heart, as no data booklet is given during the test.

Best of Luck!

Reaction score
A score of 2300+ is required for admission in EE or ME at Nust on national seat.With a score of 2200 you might end up getting in civil engineering.With a score of 2100+ you can choose any engineering field if you apply on INTERNATIONAL seat which costs 3 times more. Remember its much easier to get a good score in SAT Subject test than to get a good score in nust entrance test because course content in SAT is much less than in FSC.I recommend that you should take SAT test first in November and then if you want to improve your score you can appear in December test as well.SAT tests are conducted later as well but then preparing for tests starts to effect your A levels study and A level grades. Princeton review and barrans books are quite good for preparation. Obsolete version of Barrons books are available in market while Princeton review can not be found easily.So do try to buy these books online well before the test along with a graphical calculator.
Its very hard to study FSC in just one month so if you do not get the desired SAT score you should study FSC at least 3-4 months before the test.I may be wrong but for physics and chemistry you do not need to have a very conceptual approach but you must read through whats written in the book and you do not need to remember all those formulas. Math is somewhat conceptual though but its mostly from 1st year FSC book.
Remember that its easier to get a high score in SAT then in nust test.That does not mean SAT subject tests are easy you must prepare for at least one month before appearing for test.There is no point of going to academy after A levels for entry test prep its just waste of time and money because teachers over there have presumed that you know every thing and you have just come here for revision so they rush through the course.Literally you don't get anything in those classes.Its better to take notes from someone.
This is all my personal experience I have appeared for both SAT and entry test this year 2013

Reaction score
Well If We Do Our Bachelors From Nust What Is The Acceptance Rate Of Foreign Universities For Masters ... ?
I Heard They Create Alot Of Problem In Accepting Graduates ...