• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

NUST & GIKI ADMISSIONS.... URGENT

Reaction score
The results of Fsc /A LEVEL come in august while entry test is taken in july, so how is admission given.?

Reaction score
The results of Fsc /A LEVEL come in august while entry test is taken in july, so how is admission given.?
The weightage given to the entry test of the university is around 60 percent at the moment and it'll probably the toughest of challenges you have faced. However, if you manage to fix a place for yourself in the test and are chosen by the council (depending on the merit of the year), then all you have to do is get more than 60 percent in your F.Sc. or A. level exams and you'll be admitted. You can then start taking your classes in september. On the other hand, if you aren't chosen through the test (fall in the second list or are close to the merit borderline) and you get an extraordinary score in your F.Sc. exam, they might consider keeping you since F.Sc., too, has 30 percent weightage. 10 percent in your O level/Matric result.
In conclusion, your admission is finalized after your F.Sc. result but you might wanna avoid keeping your hopes up IF you don't get accepted through the entry test. Recently, i've heard the weightage of the test has increased to 70 percent but i'm not sure about that...

Reaction score
The weightage given to the entry test of the university is around 60 percent at the moment and it'll probably the toughest of challenges you have faced. However, if you manage to fix a place for yourself in the test and are chosen by the council (depending on the merit of the year), then all you have to do is get more than 60 percent in your F.Sc. or A. level exams and you'll be admitted. You can then start taking your classes in september. On the other hand, if you aren't chosen through the test (fall in the second list or are close to the merit borderline) and you get an extraordinary score in your F.Sc. exam, they might consider keeping you since F.Sc., too, has 30 percent weightage. 10 percent in your O level/Matric result.
In conclusion, your admission is finalized after your F.Sc. result but you might wanna avoid keeping your hopes up IF you don't get accepted through the entry test. Recently, i've heard the weightage of the test has increased to 70 percent but i'm not sure about that...
The weightage of entry test is 75% in case of NUST, iam not sure about GIKI though!