• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

O level Computer Studies (7010) -Problems

Reaction score
I have one..How was a computer initially programmed..I mean from the start i.e how was it programmed to know whether for example,the bit pattern 01000001 is actually"A".Even programming languages are made by these bits,so how initially was a computer made to know these.
Ask,if required,further details or clarification

Reaction score
I have one..How was a computer initially programmed..I mean from the start i.e how was it programmed to know whether for example,the bit pattern 01000001 is actually"A".Even programming languages are made by these bits,so how initially was a computer made to know these.
Ask,if required,further details or clarification

Computer uses only base 2 which is 0 or 1 because only two values are there. which is also known as binary language or machine code , to hold the data of single char they uses 8 bits out of the data is in 7bits and 1 bit is used to state the error based on even and odd method.

secondly programming languages like low level uses half English half binary, as time passes out we humans are easier towards English statements so high level language totally changed into English

Bit pattern are used in devices to control functions of devices as well as to state Number and letters as out put. but just to light up the lids/bulbs which turn on and off on 0 and 1

Reaction score
How is the book IGCSE I C T by graham brown and david watson for 7010 papers???

All books are good but Recent of "Computer studies Course book " is best but the problem for the students is that it contain almost more than 300 pages , hard to read all

Reaction score
How is the book IGCSE I C T by graham brown and david watson for 7010 papers???
If you are appearing in 2013 beta, then follow the computer studies course book, using book of ICT for 7010 wont able to help you alot. yes no doubt few topics are same like Input output storage devices , software application , expert system topics etc are same but it wont cover all topics of 7010. there are almost 36 topics in computer studies 7010 course

Reaction score
Hi i am Navid Saqib teaching computer studies of O level from last 19 years. if you have any Query or Question post it here .

Thanks
Navid Saqib
I want to know what is the difference between pseudocode and algorithm.The term algorithm is not used in papers at all but pseudocode is used?So why teachers use this term .....where we will use it?like the following,
30..... and so on.
I never saw that in past papers as well.My teacher says that only( until, endif , else etc) are used in papers and no use of above mentioned.Please guide me.
Please please also tell me what sould be included in the following headings of the project:
Programming code
systems flowchart
macros
thank you!!!! that you took time, i know teachers are always quite busy.

Reaction score
WOW multiple questions in one breath.....!
lets take it one by one

Qno 1 difference between Algo and pseudocodes?

Algos are the English written statements of a step out of task e.g

Set total to zero written in simple english where as pseudocode is a logically expression of a step out of compelet task e.g

Total = 0 in papers you see the pseudocode provided by the examinar , and you suppose to write in logical expressions.

mentioning line numbers with the code is not reuired. these line numbers were used in GW Basic or other languages not now , no not reuired in paper to write.

Qno 2 What contrusts are used in O level Computer studies

1- Sequence contruct
  • setting/declaration
  • input
  • process
  • output
2-selection contruct
  • If...... then....... endif
  • if....... then.......else......endif
  • Case of ...........endcase
3-iteration/loops
  • for......... next
  • while.......do loop
  • repeat until
*Talk to your teacher your seems to be missing thing out of the topic.

Qno 3 heading's in project ?

Programming code

if you complete your software in Ms Access then here you need to fetch programming code out of Access documenter, but not all only the programminf code of GUI if you generate it in database.

System flow chart

need to generate the system flow charts on the different procedure like what sort of INPUTS procedures , OUTPUTS procedures, DATA STORAGE in the company , have to generate flow chart on them

Macros

some time some projects require to generate macros in database e.g printing reports without its preview, we need macro for that. so if you have any macroo generated in your project need to display its code and working here. examinar wanna see how automated your project it

Hope it will help you a bit

Thanks

Reaction score
WOW multiple questions in one breath.....!
lets take it one by one

Qno 1 difference between Algo and pseudocodes?

Algos are the English written statements of a step out of task e.g

Set total to zero written in simple english where as pseudocode is a logically expression of a step out of compelet task e.g

Total = 0 in papers you see the pseudocode provided by the examinar , and you suppose to write in logical expressions.

mentioning line numbers with the code is not reuired. these line numbers were used in GW Basic or other languages not now , no not reuired in paper to write.

Qno 2 What contrusts are used in O level Computer studies

1- Sequence contruct
  • setting/declaration
  • input
  • process
  • output
2-selection contruct

• If...... then....... endif
  • if....... then.......else......endif
  • Case of ...........endcase
3-iteration/loops

• for......... next
  • while.......do loop
  • repeat until
*Talk to your teacher your seems to be missing thing out of the topic.

Qno 3 heading's in project ?

Programming code

if you complete your software in Ms Access then here you need to fetch programming code out of Access documenter, but not all only the programminf code of GUI if you generate it in database.

System flow chart

need to generate the system flow charts on the different procedure like what sort of INPUTS procedures , OUTPUTS procedures, DATA STORAGE in the company , have to generate flow chart on them

Macros

some time some projects require to generate macros in database e.g printing reports without its preview, we need macro for that. so if you have any macroo generated in your project need to display its code and working here. examinar wanna see how automated your project it

Hope it will help you a bit

Thanks
I am really thankful for your answers and more than that, your time.I know that you teach in green hall, gulberg, i wanna join it for o levels physics chemistry and computer but greenhall these days had got really expensive(45oo plus 1500).It used to be 2500/-.That's actually not right.So, i have to change my opinion.Well, thanks for your reply once again.

Reaction score
I am really thankful for your answers and more than that, your time.I know that you teach in green hall, gulberg, i wanna join it for o levels physics chemistry and computer but greenhall these days had got really expensive(45oo plus 1500).It used to be 2500/-.That's actually not right.So, i have to change my opinion.Well, thanks for your reply once again.
your most welcome beta

Reaction score
What do we have to write in feasibility in our project?

Beta firstly Feasibility report is not mentioned in project content if you check the project content in syllbus , yes mostly teachers include it in project that is some thing extra , it the table of content its not there in syllabus

so download syllabus and discuss with your teacher , because my student wont add feasibility in projects but still got A and A*

hope you it answer the question

Reaction score
im going for oct nov paper... so wat are the benefical ways of studyn da subject to get a gud result??

Reaction score
Hi I am a student of O level 7010

Sir. I have a question about the project. Are the queriy reuslts supposed to be shown in the form of reports or is the normal datasheet view mode results fine? Also I have made my queries qithout paramters and they work fine no matter what type of input I gave. My question is do I still need to make paramters even if everything works perfectly fine without them? Thank you.

Reaction score
Sir you are doing a great job in your subject..
i would love to study from you again , if ever lived in lahore...
miss your specific word "Bettaaaa"
thanks for teaching me with such a temptation

regardz,
usman ghani

hahahahaha i do remember usman , nice to listen from may allah bless you more in life. :)

Reaction score
Hi I am a student of O level 7010

Sir. I have a question about the project. Are the queriy reuslts supposed to be shown in the form of reports or is the normal datasheet view mode results fine? Also I have made my queries qithout paramters and they work fine no matter what type of input I gave. My question is do I still need to make paramters even if everything works perfectly fine without them? Thank you.

danish beta ,

yes queries suppose to produce results , because they are use to extract information out of data , use parameters they are very important

e.g in CD type file in query "DVD" will show only results based on DVD. first run query with out any parameter and choose the data and then place the parameter

example 2 :

if you want user to provide the parameter the in CD type field enter like this [Enter Cd Type] it will prompt you when you run query or its report and user will provide the data and according to given data it will show the results

hope it answer the question

Reaction score
im going for oct nov paper... so wat are the benefical ways of studyn da subject to get a gud result??

beta follow it
  1. Need to do 36 topics other then Flow chart , algos, logic gates
  2. follow the paper and mark scheme strictly last 5 years only
  3. dont use yearly available in market , most of the answers are not correct
  4. always related the question in paper special which ask merits and demerits and do relate the to the given senario beta

hope it answer the question

Reaction score
Sir Thank you for your answer but my queston was a little bit different actually. I meant that I have made the queries with the [Enter CD Type] thing in the criteria and it works just fine. However in access when you look at the top most tab, next to totals you will see a button called parameters. There you are supposed to specify the type of data entered I think. I have posted a picture as well. I mean the query works fine but I have seen people use this in sample projects. Can I go without using it?
Capture ask.PNG
Also the result our query generates must be shown in Report form RATHer than in the default datasheet mode. Did I get that correctly?

I'm srry to keep bothering you but I get really tense at times due to this.

Also would you happen to know the final date of submission for May June applicants projects this year? And is there a limit for the no of pages?

Thank You.

Reaction score
Sir Thank you for your answer but my queston was a little bit different actually. I meant that I have made the queries with the [Enter CD Type] thing in the criteria and it works just fine. However in access when you look at the top most tab, next to totals you will see a button called parameters. There you are supposed to specify the type of data entered I think. I have posted a picture as well. I mean the query works fine but I have seen people use this in sample projects. Can I go without using it?
View attachment 21043
Also the result our query generates must be shown in Report form RATHer than in the default datasheet mode. Did I get that correctly?

I'm srry to keep bothering you but I get really tense at times due to this.

Also would you happen to know the final date of submission for May June applicants projects this year? And is there a limit for the no of pages?

Thank You.

yes with out those parameters it will be accepted and every query should produce a report other then Delete and update Append queries all queries should be showing results in shape of reports

showing running mode wont satisfy it because the concept of output in on sceen and hard copy is in shape of report
so generate reports on those queries

as i stated before in other student question , content of project gieven in syllabus is important no of pages wont matter , expected submission date final one to the British council is 1 april every time , school ppl collect it earlier

hope this time it answer the question :)