• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

O Level Islamiyat 2058 Paper 1 June 2012

Reaction score
Q.1)i) Surah Shura
ii) Surah Fatiha
iii) Surah Kausar
Q2)a) Describe the teachings of Allah's relation with humankind from the passages you have studied.
b) Explain the significance of Quran being revealed to humankind.
Q.3)a) Briefly describe the events of Khandaq(Trench) and Khaybar.
b) What lessons do Muslims learn from the conduct of followers in any one of them?
Q.4)a) Give description of the events relating to Migration to Abyssinia.
b) Explain why this migration for important for Muslims.
Q.5)a) Outline the main events of the lives of Prophet's grandsons, Al Hasan and Al Hussayn.
b) Write importance of Al Hussayn's death on Muslims today.

IMPORTANTE NOTICE: EVERYBODY WHO DID APPEAR FOR THIS PAPER AND DID NOT ASKED FOR ANSWER SHEETS MAKING THEIR ANSWERS BRIEF SHOULD KNOW THAT ALTHOUGH THE FRONT PAGE OF THE PAPER SAYS THAT NO ADDITIONAL MATERIAL IS REQUIRED BUT ADDITIONAL SHEETS ARE ALLOWED. SO MAKE USE OF THEM IN PAPER 2 IF YOUR ANSWER DOES NOT COMPLETE IN THE GIVEN SPACE.

Thank You. :)

Reaction score
Nighat Bajwa (Chief examiner of Islamiyat - 2058)

Dear All,

Iam writing to all of you as a group as several of the posts I received today were about the candidates not being provided with additional sheets to complete their examination.
I have said in the past to all of you that additional sheets will be provided and I did that only after getting confirmation from cie. The fact that some centres were provided with additional sheets is proof of the fact that according to cie directives additional sheets should have been provided to all centres.
I have spoken to the Product Manager this morning about this very serious matter as please be assured I feel just as devastated as all of you that some candidates had to suffer for no fault of theirs.
She again reiteratted what I said in my yesterdays post that if theyve written the answer and not numbered it correctly or written in the space of the optional question we will instruct the examiners to read the scripts extra carefully so as to have the most accurate marking.
However with regards to those who could not finish their answers due to lack of space her advice is that you contact the Exams Officer in your schools . THe Exams Officers has been sent a guide on procedures where everything is clearly stated including the fact that additional scripts should be provided at centres. The Exams Officer than needs to file a request for Special Consideration on behalf of the candidates who were not given additional scripts. Also please contact the British Council and inform them of the problem you are facing . If you could give them the centre names where additional scripts were not provided they may be able to do something before the candidates appear for Paper 2.
Please be assured that I will do my very best to advice you and pass on your problems to cie. You could also get your schools to write to cie customer services and let them know of this issue. I will also call and tell them of the situation with the hope that this problem is resolved before the next examination is taken. And we will continue to limit the damage caused in Paper 1.
I will keep you posted when I have more information.

Reaction score
Those who cudn't complete their papers or dint' get extra sheets at all should do the followng:
a) call british council and submit complaint
b) speak to examination officer in your respected building and amke sure your case is heard and do highlight the questions affected due to unavailibility of the sheets.
c) In case sheets aren't provided in the next exam (which surely wudnt happen) use the space of question you would leave in choice and mention Q# properly.

mbs

Reaction score
In question 4a.
i wrote only about persecution,well developed and grt detail and then muslims were warm welcomed.
how many marks shud i expect?
rest of paper went awsum.
percentile chalta ha?

Reaction score
Bro, what you wrote was irrelevant and not required by the examiner for that question because the question was 'Give description of the events relating to Migration to Abyssinia.' This means it needed a VERY brief description of what led to it. However, most of the marks were for the EVENTS OF THE MIGRATION. Still, if you need to know how much you would get, you can check this out.islamiyat.jpg

mbs

Reaction score
Bro, what you wrote was irrelevant and not required by the examiner for that question because the question was 'Give description of the events relating to Migration to Abyssinia.' This means it needed a VERY brief description of what led to it. However, most of the marks were for the EVENTS OF THE MIGRATION. Still, if you need to know how much you would get, you can check this out.View attachment 9486
I already told u what i wrote. so how many shud i expect.
my answer was very well developed.. knowledge was excellent.. persecutions were very well explained.
i gave the year of migration and added these two line:
batch after batch muslims migrated.
muslims were very warmly welcomed by ethopians.

mbs

Reaction score
5 marks wont b bad in my case..
the rest of paper went awsum..

Reaction score
Bro, I am not an examiner and I am totally unaware of the marking criterion of the examiner, still I provided you what I could.
However, according to the picture I've attached, you're getting a lower level, but again I AM NOT THE EXAMINER, so I would still prefer you to hope for the best. In Shaa Allah, you would score a higher grade. :)

mbs

Reaction score
Bro, I am not an examiner and I am totally unaware of the marking criterion of the examiner, still I provided you what I could.
However, according to the picture I've attached, you're getting a lower level, but again I AM NOT THE EXAMINER, so I would still prefer you to hope for the best. In Shaa Allah, you would score a higher grade. :)
I highly appreciate ur encouragement and help.
what ive come to kno is that alot of candidates wrote the same so i cud expect 5 or more :)
last thng whch i want to confirm is abt 'percentile'
is it applicable to islamiat?

Reaction score
Dude, if you're expecting 5 just because many of your friends did that blunder, so please, stop hoping for that because candidates appear for O Level Islamiyat all over the world almost, and examiner does not give you concessions just because some other students have done the same. Mistake is a mistake, and marks are to be penalized over it. But still, hope for the best. :)
Coming to that percentile thing, bro I myself am too confused about that. Some of the people say that it is applicable whereas some say its not. Still, I guess a teacher would the best person to answer this. I'll talk to my teacher about this and confirm you right here.

mbs

Reaction score
Dude, if you're expecting 5 just because many of your friends did that blunder, so please, stop hoping for that because candidates appear for O Level Islamiyat all over the world almost, and examiner does not give you concessions just because some other students have done the same. Mistake is a mistake, and marks are to be penalized over it. But still, hope for the best. :)
Coming to that percentile thing, bro I myself am too confused about that. Some of the people say that it is applicable whereas some say its not. Still, I guess a teacher would the best person to answer this. I'll talk to my teacher about this and confirm you right here.

Reaction score
hi urmm when is everyone writing paper 2 please send it to me if you have it thanks

Reaction score
in Q.4 i wrote a bit about the persecution but my answer consisted mainly of the events of the migration. please tell me i did it correctly.
some people are saying that we had to write about the events "that led up to the migration" meaning., persecution and opposition etc.. :/

Reaction score
If your answer contained a VERY brief description of persecutions and more of events related to migration, your answer is correct. If you have written till the verdict of Negus to Makkans and Muslims and also have quoted a Quranic verse or a Hadith, you would score a higher level, In Shaa Allah.

Reaction score
If your answer contained a VERY brief description of persecutions and more of events related to migration, your answer is correct. If you have written till the verdict of Negus to Makkans and Muslims and also have quoted a Quranic verse or a Hadith, you would score a higher level, In Shaa Allah.

Thank you so much... feel a lot better.. pray we all get A's :]

Reaction score
For question 4 I wrote that the migration was due to the rapidly increasing persecutions (explained two of Prophet's and two of followers) of not only the Prophet(pbuh) but his followers as well. So in the 5th year after prophethood he asked his followers to migrate. then I gave the description of two batches and also the quote on Hazrat Usman and Ruqayya. I explained that the makkans did not want Islam to spread and wanted to stunt its growth so they sent two notables (including Amr bin a's) who used their power and also wealth to influence the local abbysinians. Then I explained about the conversation between negus and Jaffer, as to why had muslims accepted islam and what were the causes that lead the non belivers to pursue them. I wrote about the interogation of the makkans by negus and the reading of surah al maryam by jaffar, and how the incident touched negus after which he gave freedom to muslims and sent the makkans away. Would have given the significance in 4a, but it was asked in the next question, and I was running out of space.

So in your opinion, what would my answer ideally score. Just a hint maybe?
Cheers.